1945 in India
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|This article does not cite any references or sources. (December 2009)|
|See also:||List of years in India
Timeline of Indian history
Events in the year 1945 in India.
- 18 August - Subhas Chandra Bose, one of Indian Freedom movement leaders, allegedly dies in a plane crash in Taiwan.
- 20 September - Mohandas Gandhi and Jawaharlal Nehru demand that British troops leave India.
- 29 November - Bajaj Auto comes into existence.
- All India Council for Technical Education is established.
- 13 February - Vinod Mehra, actor (died 1990).
- 17 March - Esther David, author, artist and sculptor.
- 4 May - Narasimhan Ram, journalist.
- 20 May - Ibrahim Saeed, journalist, editor and scholar (died 2007).
- 26 May - Vilasrao Deshmukh, politician and former Chief Minister of Maharashtra.
- 1 July - Susham Bedi, novelist, poet and short story writer.
- 24 July - Azim Premji, businessman.
- November - Subrahmaniam Nagarajan, wheat pathologist.
- 18 August - Subhas Chandra Bose, one of the leaders of the Indian independence movement (born 1897).