1945 in art
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|List of years in art (table)|
|... 1935 . 1936 . 1937 . 1938 . 1939 . 1940 . 1941 ...
1942 1943 1944 -1945- 1946 1947 1948
... 1949 . 1950 . 1951 . 1952 . 1953 . 1954 . 1955 ...
|Art . Archaeology . Architecture . Literature . Music . Philosophy . Science +...|
- July–December - Han van Meegeren paints his last forgery of a Dutch Golden Age painting, Jesus among the Doctors, before witnesses in Amsterdam to refute charges of having sold genuine Dutch cultural property to Nazis (for which he was arrested on May 29).
- October 25 - Jackson Pollock marries Lee Krasner.
- Constantine Andreou moves to France, having received a scholarship from the French government.
- Professor Anthony Blunt is appointed to succeed Sir Kenneth Clark as Surveyor of the King's Pictures in the United Kingdom.
- Marc Chagall - Apocalypse in Lilac, Capriccio
- Salvador Dalí
- Russell Drysdale - The Drover's Wife
- Jackson Pollock - Troubled Queen (Museum of Fine Arts, Boston)
- Joe Rosenthal - Raising the Flag on Iwo Jima (photograph)
- David Alfaro Siqueiros - El Coronelazo
- Ben Shahn
- Death on the Beach
- Elizabeth Shoumatoff - Unfinished portrait of Franklin D. Roosevelt
- Philip Zec - Here you are. Don't lose it again! (political cartoon)
- January 25 - Barbara Kruger, photographer, graphic artist and sculptor
- January 31 - Joseph Kosuth, conceptual artist
- March 8 - Anselm Kiefer, sculptor.
- June 14 - Jörg Immendorff, German painter, sculptor, stage designer and art professor (d.2007)
- June 30 - Sean Scully, painter
- July 16 - Victor Sloan, Irish visual artist
- July 28 - Jim Davis, American cartoonist, creator of "Garfield"
- August 4 - Paul McCarthy, American sculptor, installation artist and video artist
- August 9 - Posy Simmonds, English cartoonist
- August 18 - Brummbaer, digital artist
- August 19 - Peter Reginato, sculptor
- September 27 - Jack Goldstein, Canadian-born American performance and Conceptual artist turned painter (d.2003)
- date unknown
- January 7 - Alexander Stirling Calder, sculptor (b. 1870)
- March 6 - Milena Pavlović-Barili, Serbian painter and poet (b. 1909)
- March 31 - Hando Ruus, Estonian painter (b. 1917)
- April - Josef Čapek, painter (b. 1887)
- April 22 - Käthe Kollwitz, painter, lithographer and sculptor (b. 1867)
- May 5 - René Lalique, French glass designer (b. 1860)
- June 15 - Nikola Avramov, Bulgarian painter (b. 1897)
- September 16 - David Young Cameron, Scottish painter and etcher (b. 1865)
- October 24 - Franklin Carmichael, painter (b. 1890)
- October 31 - Ignacio Zuloaga, painter (b. 1870)
- November 23 - Ljubomir Ivanović, Serbian painter (b. 1882)
- December 20 - Ong Schan Tchow, Chinese artist (b. 1900)
- date unknown
- Jones, Jonathan (2009-05-06). "Klimt's Dazzling demons". The Guardian (London). Retrieved 2012-02-16.
- SheilaTGTG55 (2011-10-13). "The Fire At Schloss Immendorf". Open Salon. Retrieved 2012-02-16.
- Kreuger, Frederik H. (2010). Van Meegeren Revisited & List of Works. Amsterdam: Erasmus Books. pp. 152–155. ISBN 978-90-5959-060-1.
- Connor, Robert (1969). Cassandra: Reflections in a Mirror. London: Cassell. ISBN 0304933414.