1950 in Taiwan
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|See also:||Other events of 1950
List of years in the Republic of China
Timeline of Chinese history
1950 in China
- President - Chiang Kai-shek
- Vice President - Li Zongren
- Premier - Yan Xishan, Chen Cheng
- Vice Premier - Chu Chia-hua, Chang Li-sheng
- 1 March - Chiang Kai-shek resumes his duties as Chinese president after moving his government to Taipei, Taiwan.
- 18 June - The execution of Chen Yi after believed that he had defected from Kuomintang to Communist Party of China.
- 10 March - David Lin, Minister of Foreign Affairs.
- 11 March - Tsai Chuen-horng, Minister and Chairman of Atomic Energy Council.
- 24 March - Shih Yen-shiang, former Minister of Economic Affairs.
- 17 May - Hsieh Fa-dah, ROC Representative to Singapore.
- 10 June - Kiku Chen, Mayor of Kaohsiung City.
- 25 June - Chang Chia-juch, former Minister of Economic Affairs.
- 26 July - Chang Wen-ing, former Mayor of Taichung.
- 21 July - Chiu Wen-ta, former Minister of Health and Welfare.
- 12 October - Chen Shui-bian, former President of the Republic of China.
- 2 November - Shue Ming-fa, cycling athlete.
- 24 December - Andrew Hsia, Deputy Minister of National Defense.