1950 in art
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|List of years in art (table)|
|... 1940 . 1941 . 1942 . 1943 . 1944 . 1945 . 1946 ...
1947 1948 1949 -1950- 1951 1952 1953
... 1954 . 1955 . 1956 . 1957 . 1958 . 1959 . 1960 ...
|Art . Archaeology . Architecture . Literature . Music . Philosophy . Science +...|
- Jean Arp - Evocation of a Form: Human, Lunar, Spectral (model for bronze)
- Francis Bacon - Fragment of a Crucifixion
- Marc Chagall - La Mariée
- Salvador Dalí - The Madonna of Port Lligat (second version, Fukuoka Art Museum)
- Robert Doisneau - Le baiser de l'hôtel de ville (The Kiss) (photograph)
- Alberto Giacometti - The Chariot
- Maruki Iri and Maruki Toshi - Ghosts, Fire and Water (Yūrei, Hi and Mizu), first of The Hiroshima Panels (原爆の図, Genbaku no zu)
- L. S. Lowry - The Pond
- Henri Matisse - Beasts of the Sea (paper collage)
- Henry Moore - Family Group (Stevenage New Town, UK)
- Jackson Pollock - Autumn Rhythm, Number 30
- William Scott - Bowl, Eggs and Lemons
- Vladimir Tretchikoff - Chinese Girl, popularly known as "The Green Lady"
- Keith Vaughan - Theseus and the Minotaur (Tate Britain)
- June 24 - Bob Carlos Clarke, Irish photographer (d. 2006)
- July 29 - Jenny Holzer, conceptual artist
- August 30 - Antony Gormley, sculptor
- November 10 - Jonathan Janson, painter and art historian
- December 11 - Aleksandr Tatarskiy, Russian animator, artist and film director (d. 2007).
- February 12 - Boris Vladimirski, painter of the Socialist Realism school
- September 26 - Pierre Roy, painter, illustrator and designer
- December 7 - Wojciech Weiss, painter and draughtsman (b. 1875)
- December 28 - Max Beckmann, painter (b. 1884)
- date unknown
- Lucas, Dean (2007-04-17). "Famous Pictures Magazine — Kissing Couple". Retrieved 2012-04-14.