From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- 14 – Cabinet votes for the removal of Coloured people from the voters roll.
- 24 – The first part of the Afrikaans Dictionary Woordeboek van die Afrikaanse Taal (WAT) is published, a project which was started in 1926 by Prof. J.J. Smith of Stellenbosch University.
- 29 – Blacks, Coloureds and Indians meet for the first time to discuss a plan of action against race discrimination laws.
- Unknown date
||This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (July 2010)
Railway lines opened
- 13 June – Transvaal: Grootvlei to Redan, 39 miles 1 chain (62.8 kilometres).
- 21 December – Transvaal: Springs to Welgedag, 5 miles 19 chains (8.4 kilometres).
- ^ a b Statement Showing, in Chronological Order, the Date of Opening and the Mileage of Each Section of Railway, Statement No. 19, p. 191, ref. no. 200954-13