1954–55 New York Knicks season
|1954–55 New York Knicks season|
|Head coach||Joe Lapchick|
|Arena||Madison Square Garden|
|Place||Division: 2nd (Eastern)|
|Playoff finish||East Division Semifinals
|< 1953–54||1955–56 >|
The 1954–55 New York Knicks season was the ninth season for the team in the National Basketball Association (NBA). In the regular season, the Knicks posted a 38–34 record and finished in second place in the Atlantic Division. Though New York qualified for its ninth consecutive NBA Playoffs, the team lost in the best-of-three first round to the Boston Celtics, 2–1.
Note: This is not an extensive list; it only covers the first and second rounds, and any other players picked by the franchise that played at least one game in the league.
|1||8||Jack Turner||G/F||United States||Western Kentucky|
|2||17||Richie Guerin||G||United States||Iona|
|3||26||Don Anielak||F||United States||SW Missouri State|
|This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (July 2010)|
|x-New York Knicks||38||34||.528||5||17–9||8–17||13–8||15–21|
East Division Semifinals
- Game 1 @ Boston: Boston 122, New York 101
- Game 2 @ New York: New York 102, Boston 95
- Game 3 @ New York: Boston 116, New York 109
Awards and records
- "1954–55 New York Knickerbockers Roster and Statistics". Basketball-Reference. Retrieved March 7, 2010.
- "New York Knickerbockers Franchise Index". Basketball-Reference. Retrieved March 7, 2010.
- "1954 NBA Draft". Basketball-Reference. Retrieved December 22, 2012.
- "All-NBA & All-ABA Teams". Basketball-Reference. Retrieved June 15, 2013.