1954 in Pakistan
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|See also:||Other events of 1954
List of years in Pakistan
This is a list of notable events that took place in Pakistan in 1954.
- 2 April – Pakistan forms an alliance with Turkey which, although not including military cooperation, opens the way to the Middle-East alliance due to its allowance of the entry of other nations.
- 19 May – Pakistan and the United States sign a Mutual Defense Assistance Agreement.
- 14 October – the Governor-General of Pakistan, Ghulam Mohammad declared a state of emergency, dissolved the Constituent Assembly and appointed a new Council of Ministers on the grounds that the existing one no longer represented the people of Pakistan.
- 18 October - Aamer Hameed, cricketer.
- Uslu, Nasuh (2003). The Turkish-American relationship between 1947 and 2003: the history of a distinctive alliance. Nova Publishers. p. 118. ISBN 978-1-59033-832-2. Retrieved 31 March 2011.
- Khan, Mohammed Ayub (September 1964). "The Pakistan-American Alliance". Foreign Affairs. Retrieved 31 March 2011.
- Akbar, M. J. (2002). The shade of swords: Jihad and the conflict between Islam and Christianity. Routledge. p. 200. ISBN 978-0-415-28470-7.
|This article about Pakistani history is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|