1954 in jazz
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|1954 in jazz|
Duke Ellington at the KFG Radio Studio, November 1954
|Decade||1950s in jazz|
|Music||1954 in music|
|Standards||List of post-1950 jazz standards|
|See also||1953 in jazz – 1955 in jazz|
1954 in jazz:
- Sarah Vaughan: Sarah Vaughan
- Chet Baker: Sextet
- Tal Farlow: The Tal Farlow Quartet
- Tal Farlow: The Tal Farlow Album
See also: List of post-1950 jazz standards
- Alfred Burt, American jazz composer and trumpeter
- Austin Wylie, American jazz bandleader.
- Brad Gowans, American jazz trombonist and reedist.
- Dink Johnson, dixieland jazz pianist, clarinetist, and drummer.
- Garland Wilson, American jazz pianist
- Hot Lips Page, American jazz trumpeter, singer, and bandleader
- Lee Morse, American jazz and blues singer and songwriter
- Mike Mosiello, Italian-born American trumpet player
- Papa Celestin, American jazz bandleader, trumpeter, cornetist and vocalist.
- Rudy Williams, American jazz alto saxophonist
- William Frank Newton, trumpeter from Emory, Virginia.
- Al Di Meola, guitarist
- Andy Narell, steelpan musician and composer
- Angela Bofill, American vocalist and songwriter
- Barb Jungr, Englist singer-songwriter
- Basia, Polish singer-songwriter and record producer
- Brian Rolland, American guitarist, composer and songwriter
- Brian Torff, American double-bassist and composer
- Bruce Hornsby,
- Bruno Råberg, Swedish-born bassist and composer
- Carles Benavent, bassist
- Catherine Whitney, American singer, composer and lyricist
- Chuck Deardorf,
- Cindy Breakspeare,
- Craig Chaquico, guitarist
- David Bloom,
- Dennis González,
- Don Mumford,
- Donald Brown pianist
- Earl Klugh, American guitarist and composer
- Eric Von Essen, American bassist, pianist and composer
- Eugenio Toussaint,
- Günter Müller,
- Hank Roberts,
- Hannes Bauer, German trombonist
- Henry Johnson, American guitarist
- Jay Hoggard,
- Jeff Clayton, American alto saxophonist and flautist
- Jeff Johnson, American bass player
- Jesper Lundgaard,
- Joe Fonda, American bassist
- John Bernard Riley,
- John Russell, acoustic guitarist
- John Wolf Brennan,
- Jon Jang, American pianist, composer and bandleader
- Jovino Santos-Neto,
- Kip Hanrahan, American music impresario, record producer and percussionist
- Madeline Eastman, American singer
- Marc Ribot, American guitarist and composer
- Michael Moore (saxophonist and clarinetist),
- Michael White,
- Michel Benita, double bass player
- Michel Camilo, pianist and composer
- Nnenna Freelon, American singer
- Noel Pointer, American violinist and record producer
- Ondrej Havelka,
- Orhan Demir, Canadian guitarist
- Paleka, Portuguese percussionist
- Pam Bricker, American singer
- Pat Metheny, American guitarist and composer
- Patrice Rushen, American vocalist
- Pete Allen,
- Peter Erskine, American drummer and composer
- Peter White, guitarist
- Rick Vandivier,
- Ricky Ford, American tenor saxophonist
- Scott Earl Holman, American pianist
- Scott Henderson, guitarist
- Stephanie Nakasian,
- Steve Holt (Canadian musician),
- Steve LaSpina, bassist
- Steve Nelson, American vibraphonist
- Steve Rochinski, guitarist and teacher
- Steve Rodby, American bassist
- Steve Swell, American trombonist
- Tchavolo Schmitt, guitarist
- Tim Berne, American saxophone player
- Tim Hagans, trumpet player, arranger and composer
- Tim Sparks,
- Tina Marsh, American vocalist and composer
- Tom Browne, American trumpeter
- Vince Jones,
- Warren Benbow, drummer
- Wayne Peet, American pianist and organist
- Wendell Brunious, American trumpeter and bandleader
- Yuri Lemeshev, Russian accordion player
- The New Real Book, Volume I. Sher Music. 1988. ISBN 0-9614701-4-3.
- The New Real Book, Volume II. Sher Music. 1991. ISBN 0-9614701-7-8.
- The New Real Book, Volume III. Sher Music. 1995. ISBN 1-883217-30-X.
- The Real Book, Volume I (6th ed.). Hal Leonard. 2004. ISBN 0-634-06038-4.
- The Real Book, Volume II (2nd ed.). Hal Leonard. 2007. ISBN 1-4234-2452-2.
- The Real Book, Volume III (2nd ed.). Hal Leonard. 2006. ISBN 0-634-06136-4.
- The Real Jazz Book. Warner Bros. ISBN 978-91-85041-36-7.
- The Real Vocal Book, Volume I. Hal Leonard. 2006. ISBN 0-634-06080-5.