1956 Pulitzer Prize
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The following are the Pulitzer Prizes for 1956.
- Public Service:
- Watsonville Register-Pajaronian for courageous exposure of corruption in public office, which led to the resignation of a district attorney and the conviction of one of his associates.
- Local Reporting, Edition Time:
- Local Reporting, No Edition Time:
- National Reporting:
- International Reporting:
- Editorial Writing:
- Lauren K. Soth of the Des Moines Register and Tribune, for the editorial inviting a farm delegation from the Soviet Union to visit Iowa, which led directly to the Russian farm visit to the U.S.
- Editorial Cartooning:
- Robert York of The Louisville Times, for his cartoon, Achilles showing a bulging figure of American prosperity tapering to a weak heel labeled Farm Prices.
- Staff of the New York Daily News, for its consistently excellent news picture coverage in 1955, an outstanding example of which is its photo, Bomber Crashes in Street.
Letters, Drama and Music Awards
- Biography or Autobiography: