The 1957 Rose Bowl was a college football bowl game played on January 1, 1957. In the game, the 43rd Rose Bowl, the Iowa Hawkeyes defeated the Oregon State Beavers by a score of 35–19. Hawkeyes quarterback Ken Ploen was named the Rose Bowl Player of the Game.
Game summary 
Ken Ploen, the Iowa quarterback, completed nine of 10 passes and rushed for 59 yards, including a 49-yard run for the Hawkeyes' first score. Collins Hagler scored twice for the Hawkeyes, the second on a 66-yard run. For the Beavers, Joe Francis ran for 73 yards and was 10 of 12 passing for 73 yards and a touchdown, but the Beavers were hurt by three fumbles.
First quarter 
- Iowa - Ken Ploen 49 run (Prescott kick)
- Iowa - Collins Hagler 9 run (Prescott kick)
Second quarter 
- Oregon State - Tom Berry 3 run (kick failed)
- Iowa - Bill Happel 5-yard run (Prescott kick)
Third quarter 
- Iowa - Collins Hagler 66 run (Prescott kick)
- Oregon State - Nub Beamer 1 run (kick failed)
Fourth quarter 
- Iowa - Jim Gibbons 16 pass from Ken Ploen (Prescott kick)
- Oregon State - Sterling Hammack 35 pass from Joe Francis (Beamer run)
External links