1959 in India
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|This article does not cite any references or sources. (December 2009)|
Events in the year 1959 in the Republic of India.
- 17 March - Tenzin Gyatso, the 14th Dalai Lama, flees Tibet and travels to India.
- September - Doordarshan-India's national state-owned broadcaster established.
- Bajaj Auto obtains license from Government of India to manufacture two- and three-wheelers in India.
- 6 January - Kapil Dev, cricketer.
- 29 July - Sanjay Dutt, actor.
- 10 November [Pawan Bansal] Ferozepur, Punjab
- 19 December - H. D. Kumaraswamy, politician and Chief Minister of Karnataka.
- 29 December - Anil Kapoor, actor and producer.
See also