1959 in architecture
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|List of years in architecture (table)|
|... 1949 . 1950 . 1951 . 1952 . 1953 . 1954 . 1955 ...
1956 1957 1958 -1959- 1960 1961 1962
... 1963 . 1964 . 1965 . 1966 . 1967 . 1968 . 1969 ...
|Art . Archaeology . Architecture . Literature . Music . Philosophy . Science +...|
The year 1959 in architecture involved some significant events.
- Basilica of Candelaria completed on the island of Tenerife in the Spanish Canary Islands.
- Birmingham Museum of Art (Birmingham, Alabama) by Warren, Knight & Davis is opened.
- Case Study House #21: Bailey House and #22: Stahl House completed by architect Pierre Koenig.
- Chase Tower completed in Detroit, Michigan, designed by Albert Kahn Associates.
- Kariba Dam completed between Zambia and Zimbabwe on the Zambezi River.
- Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum designed by Frank Lloyd Wright is completed.
- The Sidney Myer Music Bowl in Melbourne, Australia is completed.
- Ten Great Buildings project completed in Beijing, China.
- Bracken House, the Financial Times headquarters in the City of London, designed by Sir Albert Richardson, is completed.
- October 10 - Maya Lin