1960 in India
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|This article does not cite any references or sources. (December 2009)|
|See also:||List of years in India
Timeline of Indian history
Events in the year 1960 in the Republic of India.
- 1 May - Gujarat State and Maharashtra State are formed from the State of Bombay as laid down by the States Reorganisation Act.
- 1 May - In India, 1 May is declared as 'Gujarat Diwas' or 'Maharashtra Divas', i.e., Maharashtra Day (the same day is also celebrated as 'Kaamdaar Divas', i.e., Workers Day).
- 20 June - Maharashtra State Electricity Board formed.
Full date unknown
- 3 January - Sandeep Marwah, stage, film and television personality.
- 1 February - Jackie Shroff, actor.
- 25 June - Suresh Gopi, actor.
- 11 July - Kumar Gaurav, actor.
- 13 September - Karthik Muthuraman, actor.
- 30 January - J. C. Kumarappa, economist (born 1892).
- 2 February - Jagadguru Swami Sri Bharati Krishna Tirthaji Maharaja, Hindu teacher (born 1884).
- 20 April - Pannalal Ghosh, flute (bānsurī) player and composer (born 1911).
- 27 April - Rajshekhar Basu, writer, chemist and lexicographer (born 1880).