1961 in India
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|This article does not cite any references or sources. (December 2009)|
|See also:||List of years in India
Timeline of Indian history
Events in the year 1961 in the Republic of India.
- 1 November - The Hungry generation Movement is launched in Calcutta.
- 17 December - India occupies Goa.
- 18 December - India occupies Portuguese colonies of Goa, Damao and Diu
- 19 December - Goa is officially ceded to India after 400 years of Portuguese rule.
- 7 January - Supriya Pathak, actress.
- 12 June - Jagadish, actor.
- 6 June - Chakilam Muralidhar Rao, IFS officer
Full date unknown
- V. M. Girija, poet.
|This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (September 2010)|
|This Indian history-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|