1961 in Northern Ireland
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
||This article needs additional citations for verification. (March 2013)
Arts and literature
||This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (July 2010)
- Winners: Linfield
- Winners: Glenavon 5 - 1 Linfield
- 15 January - Damian O'Neill, guitarist.
- 15 June - Dave McAuley, boxer.
- 10 September - Ian Stewart, footballer.
- 4 November - Nigel Worthington, footballer, football manager and manager of Northern Ireland national football team.
- 26 December - John Lynch, actor.
- Maureen Boyle, poet.
- Bob Gilmore, musicologist and musician.
- Owen McCafferty, playwright.
- Eoin McNamee, novelist and screenwriter.
- Marcas Ó Murchú, traditional flute player.
- Glenn Patterson, writer.
- ^ "Busby Babe loses battle against cancer". BBC News. 1998-09-02. Retrieved 2013-03-22.