1962 Reims Grand Prix
|Non-Championship race in the 1962 Formula One season|
|Date||July 1, 1962|
|Official name||III Grand Prix de Reims|
|Course||Permanent racing facility
8.3 km (5.158 mi)
|Distance||50 laps, 415 km (257.9 mi)|
The 3rd Reims Grand Prix was a Formula One motor race, held on July 1, 1962 at the Reims-Gueux circuit, near Reims in France. The race was run over 50 laps of the 8.302 km circuit and was won by New Zealand driver Bruce McLaren in a Cooper T60.
Reims-Gueux hosted the French Grand Prix under Grand Prix regulations in 1932, 1938 and 1939 due to the popularity of the Grand Prix de la Marne, a Grand Prix racing series dating back to 1925. Post war changes in political and financial structures moved the 1962 Grand Prix de France to the Rouen-Les-Essarts circuit. Reims secured a separate non-championship Formula One event instead. Most of the Formula One teams entered the competition except for Ferrari and Porsche.
- "1962 III Grand Prix de Reims". silhouet.com. Retrieved July 20, 2014.
- "XXVIII Grand Prix Internationale de Reims 1962". formula2.net. Retrieved July 20, 2014.
- "Aiden-Cooper-Climax T59". 8w.forix.com. Retrieved July 20, 2014.
- "Cooper Hume (Aiden-Cooper)". forums.autosport.com/. Retrieved July 20, 2014.
- "The Formula One Record Book", John Thompson, 1974, pp.96-97
- Aiden Cooper T59 Climax (photos)
1962 Crystal Palace Trophy
|Formula One Non-Championship races
1962 Solitude Grand Prix
1957 Grand Prix de Reims
|Grand Prix de Reims||Next race: