1964 in France
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Events from the year 1964 in France.
- 27 January - France and the People's Republic of China announce their decision to establish diplomatic relations.
- 11 February - The Republic of China (Taiwan) drops diplomatic relations with France because of French recognition of the People's Republic of China.
- 8 March - Cantonales elections held.
- 15 March - Cantonales elections held.
- 23 May - Mrs. Madeline Dassault, 63, wife of a French plane manufacturer and politician, is kidnapped while leaving her car in front of her Paris home; she is found unharmed the next day in a farmhouse 27 miles from Paris.
January to March
- 6 January - Loïc Courteau, tennis player.
- 7 January - Hervé Balland, cross-country skier.
- 10 January - Claude Morinière, long jumper.
- 11 January - Albert Dupontel, actor and film director.
- 24 January - Gérald Passi, soccer player.
- 1 February - Philippe Casado, cyclist (died 1995).
- 12 February - Stéphane Franke, athlete.
- 14 February - Frédéric Delcourt, swimmer and Olympic medallist.
- 17 February - Thierry Laurey, soccer player.
- 27 February - Christian Penigaud, beach volleyball player.
- 28 February - Pierre Hantaï, conductor and harpsichordist.
- 1 March - Paul Le Guen, soccer manager.
- 5 March - Bertrand Cantat, singer and songwriter.
- 9 March - Juliette Binoche, actress.
- 16 March - Franck Fréon, motor racing driver.
- 24 March - Chantal Mauduit, alpinist (died 1998).
- 30 March - Christophe Robert, soccer player.
April to June
- 2 April - Didier Tholot, soccer manager.
- 14 April - Emmanuel Villaume, conductor.
- 5 May - Jean-François Copé, politician.
- 10 May - Emmanuelle Devos, actress.
- 23 May - Laurent Naouri, bass-baritone
- 27 May - Yves Caumon, film director.
- 31 May - Stéphane Caristan, athlete.
- 3 June - Jérôme Pradon, actor and singer.
- 5 June - Jean-François Remésy, golfer.
- 11 June - Jean Alesi, motor racing driver.
- 12 June - Philippe Bouvatier, cyclist.
- 21 June - Patrice Bailly-Salins, biathlete and Olympic medallist.
- 24 June - Philippe Fargeon, soccer player.
- 27 June - Serge Le Dizet, soccer player, coach.
July to September
- 1 July - Bernard Laporte, rugby union player and coach, Secretary of State for Sport.
- 13 July - Pascal Hervé, cyclist
- 21 July - Fabrice Colas, cyclist.
- 4 August - Sebastian Roché, actor.
- 24 August - Éric Bernard, motor racing driver.
- September - Olivier Zahm, art critic, curator, fashion editor, and art director
- 2 September - Jean-Christophe Spinosi, conductor and violinist.
- 14 September - Laurent Fournier, soccer player, manager.
- 16 September - Nicolas Hénard, sailor and Olympic gold medallist.
October to December
- 16 October - Jean-Christophe Thomas, soccer player.
- 19 October - Agnès Jaoui, screenwriter, film director, actress and singer.
- 8 December - Éric Aubijoux, motorcycle racer (died 2007).
- 8 December - Laurent Croci, soccer player.
- 19 December - Béatrice Dalle, actress.
- 24 December - Jean-Paul Civeyrac, film director.
- 30 December - Pascal Baills, soccer player.
Full date unknown
- Éric Chevillard, novelist.
- Stephane Cornicard, actor and director.
- Philippe Graffin, violinist and recording artist.
- Jean-Michel Othoniel, artist.
January to June
- 11 January - André-Damien-Ferdinand Jullien, Cardinal (born 1882).
- 13 January - Pierre Yvert, philatelic editor (born 1900).
- 10 February - Paul Baudouin, banker and politician (born 1894).
- 15 February - Reginald Garrigou-Lagrange, Catholic theologian (born 1877).
- 17 February - Philippe Cattiau, fencer and Olympic gold medallist (born 1892).
- 25 February - Maurice Farman, motor racing driver, aviator, aircraft manufacturer and designer (born 1877).
- 17 May - Honoré Barthélemy, cyclist (born 1890).
- 30 May - René-Yves Creston, artist, designer and ethnographer (born 1898).
- 17 June - René Crabos, rugby union player (born 1899).
July to December
- 1 July - Pierre Monteux, conductor (born 1875).
- 7 July - Charles Bozon, alpine skier and world champion (born 1932).
- 11 July - Maurice Thorez, communist politician (born 1900).
- 21 July - Jean Fautrier, painter and sculptor (born 1898).
- 4 September - Clément-Emile Roques, Cardinal (born 1880).
- 7 September - Georges Thierry d'Argenlieu, Admiral (born 1889).
- 9 September - Maurice Le Boucher, organist, composer, and pedagogue (born 1882).
- 20 September - Lazare Lévy, pianist, composer and teacher (born 1882).
- 27 October - Gabriel Benoist, writer (born 1891).
- 8 November - Fernand Baldet, astronomer (born 1885).
- 22 December - Paul Tournon, architect (born 1881).
Full date unknown
- Georges Andrique, painter (born 1874).
- Pierre Brissaud, illustrator, painter and engraver (born 1885).
- Jean Dupas, painter, designer, poster artist and decorator (born 1882).