1965 in architecture
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|List of years in architecture (table)|
|... 1955 . 1956 . 1957 . 1958 . 1959 . 1960 . 1961 ...
1962 1963 1964 -1965- 1966 1967 1968
... 1969 . 1970 . 1971 . 1972 . 1973 . 1974 . 1975 ...
|Art . Archaeology . Architecture . Literature . Music . Philosophy . Science +...|
The year 1965 in architecture involved some significant architectural events and new buildings.
- August 15 - Cathedral of Our Lady Assumed into Heaven and St Nicholas, Galway, Ireland, designed by John J. Robinson, is dedicated.
- September - Toronto City Hall in Toronto, Canada.
- October 6
- November 19 - Dedication of the Arctic Cathedral, Tromsø, Norway.
- December 28 - Museo de Arte de Ponce, Puerto Rico
- The first phase of the University of California, Irvine campus, designed by William Pereira
- The first phase of the University of California, Santa Cruz campus, designed by John Carl Warnecke
- The Shalom Meir Tower in Tel-Aviv, Israel.
- October - Jefferson National Expansion Memorial in St. Louis, Missouri, designed by Eero Saarinen.
- Akosombo Dam, Ghana.
- Holyoke Center at Harvard University, Boston, United States, designed by Josep Lluís Sert.
- The Richard J. Daley Center in Chicago, United States.
- The NASA Vehicle Assembly Building in Cape Canaveral, Florida, United States.
- Seinajoki Town Hall in Finland, designed by Alvar Aalto.
- The Nozema Zendstation, The Hague, Netherlands.
- Elephant House, London Zoo, designed by Hugh Casson and Neville Conder.
- Architecture Firm Award - Wurster, Bernardi & Emmons.
- RAIA Gold Medal - Osborn McCutcheon.
- RIBA Royal Gold Medal - Kenzo Tange.
- date unknown - Monica Ponce de Leon, Venezuelan-born architect and educator
- June 21 - Kay Fisker, Danish architect, designer and educator (born 1893)
- August 27 - Le Corbusier (Charles Edouard Jeanneret), Swiss-French architect, designer, painter, urban planner and writer (born 1887)
- September 13 - Louis Laybourne Smith, Australian architect and educator (born 1880)
- "About Galway Cathedral". Galway Cathedral. Retrieved 2012-07-17.
- "Ishavskatetralen: The Cathedral". Tromsdalen Kirke. Retrieved 2012-12-11.
- Page, Michael (1986). Sculptors in Space: South Australian Architects 1836–1986. Adelaide, Australia: The Royal Australian Institute of Architects (South Australian Chapter). ISBN 0-9588233-0-8