1966 ECAC Hockey Men's Ice Hockey Tournament
|1966 ECAC Men's Ice Hockey Tournament|
|Dates||March 8–12, 1966|
|Finals site||Boston Arena
|Champions||Clarkson (1st title)|
|Winning coach||Len Ceglarski (1st title)|
|MVP||Terry Yurkiewicz (Clarkson)|
|ECAC Men's Ice Hockey Tournaments
The 1966 ECAC Hockey Men's Ice Hockey Tournament was the 5th tournament in league history. It was played between March 8 and March 12, 1966. Quarterfinal games were played at home team campus sites, while the 'final four' games were played at the Boston Arena in Boston, Massachusetts. By reaching the championship game Clarkson was invited to participate in the 1966 NCAA Division I Men's Ice Hockey Tournament. Cornell, however, was passed over with Boston University chosen instead as the second eastern representative.
- 1 Format
- 2 Conference Standings
- 3 Bracket
- 3.1 Quarterfinals
- 3.2 Semifinals
- 3.3 Third Place
- 3.4 Championship
- 4 Tournament awards
- 5 References
- 6 External links
The tournament featured three rounds of play, all of which were single-elimination. The top eight teams, based on conference rankings, qualified to participate in the tournament. In the quarterfinals the first seed and eighth seed, the second seed and seventh seed, the third seed and sixth seed and the fourth seed and fifth seed played against one another. In the semifinals, the winner of the first and eighth matchup played the winner of the fourth and fifth matchup while the other two remaining teams played with the winners advancing to the championship game and the losers advancing to the third place game.
Note: GP = Games Played; W = Wins; L = Losses; T = Ties; Pct. = Winning Percentage; GF = Goals For; GA = Goals Against
† indicates conference regular season champion
* indicates conference tournament champion
Final rankings: USA Today/American Hockey Magazine Coaches Poll Top 10 Poll
|2||Boston University||1||Third place|
Note: * denotes overtime period(s)
(1) Clarkson vs. (8) Colgate
|March 8||Clarkson||5 – 2||Colgate||Clarkson Arena|
(2) Boston University vs. (7) Northeastern
|March 8||Boston University||4 – 1||Northeastern||Boston Arena|
(3) Cornell vs. (6) Boston College
|March 8||Cornell||9 – 0||Boston College||Lynah Rink|
(4) Brown vs. (5) St. Lawrence
|March 8||Brown||4 – 2||St. Lawrence||Meehan Auditorium|
(1) Clarkson vs. (4) Brown
|March 11||Clarkson||2 – 1||Brown||Boston Arena|
(2) Boston University vs. (3) Cornell
|March 11||Boston University||1 – 8||Cornell||Boston Arena|
(2) Boston University vs. (4) Brown
|March 12||Boston University||5 – 2||Brown||Boston Arena|
(1) Clarkson vs. (3) Cornell
|March 12||Clarkson||6 – 2||Cornell||Boston Arena|
- "Clarkson Men's Team History". USCHO.com. Retrieved 2014-04-23.
- "Len Ceglarski Year-by-Year Coaching Record". USCHO.com. Retrieved 2013-05-22.
- "ECAC Awards". College Hockey Historical Archive. Retrieved 2014-04-23.
- "ECAC Tournament". College Hockey Historical Archives. Retrieved 2014-04-23.
- "2008-09 ECAC Hockey Media Guides". ECAC Hockey. Retrieved 2014-04-23.
- "Men's All-Tournament Teams". ECAC Hockey. Archived from the original on 2013-07-02. Retrieved 2014-04-26.