1967 in art
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|List of years in art (table)|
|... 1957 . 1958 . 1959 . 1960 . 1961 . 1962 . 1963 ...
1964 1965 1966 -1967- 1968 1969 1970
... 1971 . 1972 . 1973 . 1974 . 1975 . 1976 . 1977 ...
|Art . Archaeology . Architecture . Literature . Music . Philosophy . Science +...|
- May 14 - Dedication of Liverpool Metropolitan Cathedral in England, designed by Frederick Gibberd, with stained glass by John Piper, Patrick Reyntiens and Margaret Traherne and a bronze crucifix by Elisabeth Frink.
- September 25 - Gilbert and George first meet while studying sculpture at St Martins School of Art in London.
- Foundation of the Project Arts Centre, Dublin.
- The Maruki Gallery for the Hiroshima Panels is established in Higashimatsuyama, Saitama, Japan, as a permanent home for The Hiroshima Panels.
|This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (June 2011)|
- New Documents Photography Exhibition at the Museum of Modern Art, New York curated by John Szarkowski.
- First Arte Povera exhibition in Italy organised by Germano Celant.
- Francis Bacon - Portrait of Isabel Rawsthorne Standing in a Street in Soho
- Sargis Baghdasaryan - We Are Our Mountains (sculpture)
- Max Bill - Rhythm in Space (sculpture)
- Peter Blake with Jann Haworth - Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band (collage for record album cover)
- Salvador Dalí - Tuna Fishing
- Edward Delaney - Wolfe Tone (bronze statue)
- Jose de Rivera - Infinity (sculpture)
- Dušan Džamonja - Monument to the Revolution of the people of Moslavina
- Milton Glaser - Dylan (poster)
- Eila Hiltunen - Sibelius Monument (Helsinki)
- David Hockney - A Bigger Splash
- Joan Miró - The Caress of a Bird (sculpture)
- Henry Moore - sculptures
- Barnett Newman - Voice of Fire
- Isamu Noguchi - Sinai (sculpture)
- Pablo Picasso - Chicago Picasso (sculpture)
- Norman Rockwell - Russian Schoolroom
- Kenneth Snelson - Six Number Two (sculpture)
- Mark di Suvero - Are Years What? (for Marianne Moore) (sculpture)
- Yevgeny Vuchetich - The Motherland Calls (sculpture)
- Andy Warhol - Big Electric Chair
- James Wines - Three Bronze Discs (sculpture)
- David Wynne - Bird Fountains (Ambassador College, Pasadena, California)
- December 15 - David Černý, sculptor associated with Prague
- date unknown - Andy Taylor, Australian painter and printmaker
- January - Ary Stillman, representational and abstract Russian-American painter (born 1891)
- January 15 - David Burliuk, Russian avant-garde artists (born 1882)
- March 31 - Jefto Perić, Serbian painter (born 1895)
- May 27 - Johannes Itten, Swiss painter (born 1888)
- August 15 - René Magritte, Belgian surrealist painter (born 1898)
- November 21 - Vladimir Lebedev, Russian painter and graphic artist (born 1891)
- November 22 - Pavel Korin, Russian painter (born 1892)
- December 26 - Ambrose McCarthy Patterson, Australian painter and printmaker (born 1877)
- Date unknown:
|This article related to a particular year is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|