1968 US Open (tennis)
|1968 US Open|
|Date:||29 August - 8 September|
|Category:||Grand Slam (ITF)|
|Location:||Forest Hills, Queens
New York, USA
|Venue:||West Side Tennis Club|
|Robert Lutz / Stan Smith|
|Maria Bueno / Margaret Court|
|Mary-Ann Eisel / Peter Curtis|
The 1968 US Open (formerly known as U.S. National Championships) was a tennis tournament that took place on the outdoor grass courts at the West Side Tennis Club, Forest Hills in New York, USA. The tournament ran from 29 August until 8 September. It was the 88th staging of the tournament, and the fourth Grand Slam tennis event of 1968. It was the first US Open of the Open Era.
- • It was Ashe's 1st career Grand Slam singles title and his 1st and only at the US Open.
- • It was Wade's 1st career Grand Slam singles title and her 1st and only at the US Open.
- • It was Lutz's 1st career Grand Slam doubles title.
- • It was Smith's 1st career Grand Slam doubles title.
- • It was Bueno's 11th and last career Grand Slam doubles title and her 4th at the US Open.
- • It was Court's 10th career Grand Slam doubles title and her 2nd at the US Open.
No mixed doubles at the 1968 US Open. Results often seen are those of the 1968 US National Championships held a month earlier in Boston.
1968 Wimbledon Championships
|Grand Slams||Succeeded by
1969 Australian Open