1968 in Mexico
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Events in the year 1968 in Mexico.
President - Gustavo Díaz Ordaz
- October 2, around 10,000 university and high school students gathered in the Plaza de las Tres Culturas to protest the government’s actions and listen peacefully to speeches then the national guard attacked the demonstrations thus generating the Tlatelolco massacre.
- October 12–October 27 – The Games of the XIX Olympiad are held in Mexico City.
- October 16-In Mexico City, black American athletes Tommie Smith and John Carlos raise their arms in a black power salute after winning, respectively, the gold and bronze medals in the Olympic men's 200 metres.
- February 9 - Alejandra Guzman, Mexican singer and actress
- February 15 – Gloria Trevi, Mexican singer and actress
- July 15 - Leticia Calderon, Mexican actress
- July 27 - Jorge Salinas, Mexican actor.
- September 22 - Eve Gil, Mexican writer.
- November 28 - Ana Maria Alvarado, a Mexican journalist.
- December 12 - Tatiana, Mexican singer.
- December 17 - Claudio Suarez, former Mexican footballer.
- January 15 - Firpo Segura, Mexican boxer and wrestler.
- October 30 - Ramon Novarro, Mexican actor (born 1899).
|This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (July 2012)|