1969 in Denmark
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Events from the year 1969 in Denmark.
- 20 February – The North Sea Continental Shelf cases are decided at the International Court of Justice.
- 10 March – The Danish Technical Museum is inaugurated in Helsingør.
- 8 May – The Museum of Medical History is inaugurated in Bredgade in Copenhagen.
- 15 June – The 750 years' anniversary of the Danish flag, Dannebrog, is celebrated throughout Denmark. 750 flags from all parts of Denmark are gathered on City Hall Square in Copenhagen.
- 24 Jne – The The proposed lowering of the voting age from 21 to 18 is rejected by 78.6% of voters at the 1969 Danish electoral age referendum is held.
- 1 July – Denmark legalizes visual pornography.
- 30 September - The government sets up a temporary Environmental Committee.
- 15 Novembe – An estimated 20,000 people attend an anti-Vietnam War demonstration in Copenhagen, marching from Østerbro Barracks to Christiansborg by way of the American Embassy.
- First performance in Denmark of Rued Langgaard's Music of the Spheres, 51 years after it was composed.
- 7 February – Chris Minh Doky, jazz bassist, composer, producer
- 19 May – Thomas Vinterberg, film director
- 2 January – Julius Bomholt, politician (born 1896)
- 16 December – Leo Mathisen, jazz pianist, singer (born 1906)
- "1969" (in Danish). Selskabet for Københavns Historie. Retrieved 2014-07-23.