1969 in France
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Events from the year 1969 in France.
- 2 March - In Toulouse the first Concorde test flight is conducted.
- 27 April - Constitutional Referendum held and proposals were rejected.
- 28 April - President Charles de Gaulle's resigns as a result of the referendum.
- 19 May–20 May - French Foreign Legion paratroopers land onto Kolwezi, Zaire, to rescue Europeans in the middle of a civil war.
- 1 June - Presidential Election held.
- 15 June - Presidential Election held and Georges Pompidou is elected.
- 4 August - At the apartment of French intermediary, Jean Sainteny, in Paris, U.S. representative Henry Kissinger and North Vietnamese representative Xuan Thuy begin secret peace negotiations. They eventually fail since both sides cannot agree to any terms.
Arts and literature
|This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (July 2010)|
January to March
- 3 January - Marie Darrieussecq, writer.
- 12 January - Stéphane Stoecklin, handball player.
- 13 January - Thierry Gadou, basketball player.
- 23 January - Christophe Épalle, hammer thrower.
- 4 February - Rémi Lange, film director.
- 7 February - Jean-Michel Ferri, soccer player.
- 12 February - Jean-Pierre Cyprien, soccer player.
- 16 February - David Douillet, judoka.
- 7 March - Éric Decroix, soccer player.
- 7 March - Christophe Le Roux, soccer player.
- 15 March - Sylvain Curinier, slalom canoer and Olympic medallist.
- 20 March - Fabien Galthié, rugby union player and coach.
April to June
- 1 April - Jean-Michel Bayle, motorcycle racer.
- 1 April - Arnaud Boetsch, tennis player.
- 3 April - Jean-Marie Aubry, soccer player.
- 3 April - Clotilde Courau, Princess of Venice and Piedmont, actress.
- 3 April - Jean-Jacques Crenca, rugby union player.
- 20 April - Cécile Rigaux, beach volleyball player.
- 23 April - Jean-François Hernandez, soccer player.
- 2 May - Benoît Cauet, soccer player.
- 5 May - Sophie Moniotte, figure skater.
- 6 May - Emmanuel Larcenet, comics writer and artist.
- 9 May - Frédéric Arpinon, soccer player.
- 13 May - Nikos Aliagas, television presenter.
- 14 May - Stéphane Adam, soccer player and coach.
- 14 May - Stéphan Grégoire, motor racing driver.
- 23 May - Laurent Aïello, motor racing driver.
- 13 June - Virginie Despentes, novelist and filmmaker.
- 16 June - Bénabar, songwriter and singer.
- 28 June - Odile Lesage, heptathlete.
July to September
- 3 July - Patrick Valéry, soccer player.
- 23 July - Stéphane Diagana, athlete.
- 29 July - Ludovic Depickère, swimmer.
- 31 July - Olivier Allamand French freestyle skier and Olympic medallist.
- 27 August - Jean-Cyril Robin, cyclist.
- 30 August - Laurent Delahousse, journalist.
- 31 August - Nathalie Bouvier, alpine skier.
- 3 September - Georges Sainte-Rose, triple jumper.
- 16 September - Laurent Desbiens, cyclist.
- 24 September - Cyrille Magnier, soccer player.
- 26 September - Philippe Sanchez, cross-country skier.
October to December
- 8 October - Laurent Viaud, soccer player and scout.
- 22 October - Christophe Caze, terrorist (died 1996).
- 6 November - Sophie Villeneuve, cross-country skier.
- 7 November - Hélène Grimaud, pianist.
- 18 November - Anne-Lise Bardet, slalom canoer and Olympic medallist.
- 28 November - Jean-David Morvan, comics author.
- 4 December - Didier Mollard, ski jumper.
- 6 December - Christophe Agnolutto, cyclist.
- 9 December - Bixente Lizarazu, soccer player.
- 12 December - Laurent Chalet, Director of Photography.
- 21 December - Julie Delpy, actress.
- 27 December - Jean-Christophe Boullion, motor racing driver.
Full date unknown
- Stéphane Azambre, cross-country skier.
- Christophe Brunnquell, art director and artist.
- Stéphane Michon, nordic combined skier.
- Thibault de Montbrial, lawyer.
January to June
- 2 January - Georges Renavent, actor (born 1894).
- 20 March - Henri Longchambon, politician (born 1896).
- 22 March - Camille Mandrillon, biathlete and Olympic medallist (born 1890).
- 26 March - René Guillot, author (born 1900).
- 6 April - Gabriel Chevallier, novelist (born 1895).
- 3 May - Darius Paul Dassault, General (born 1882).
- 14 May
- 12 June - Emmanuel d'Astier de la Vigerie, journalist, politician and French Resistance member (born 1900).
July to December
- July - Lou Albert-Lasard, painter (born 1885).
- 3 August
- 7 August - Jean Bastien, soccer player (born 1915).
- 4 October - Léon Brillouin, physicist (born 1889).
- 2 December - Didier Daurat, aviation pioneer (born 1891).
- 6 December - André-Gaston Prételat, General (born 1874).
- 7 December - Élisabeth d'Ayen, tennis player (born 1898).
- 21 December - Georges Catroux, military officer and diplomat (born 1877).
- 26 December - Louise Leveque de Vilmorin, novelist, poet and journalist (born 1902).