1970–79 in anthropology
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from 1970-1979 in anthropology)
Timeline of anthropology, 1970–1979
- "Lucy", the first Australopithecus afarensis is discovered.
- The Canadian Ethnology Association (now the Canadian Anthropology Association) is founded.
- The first Margaret Mead Film Festival is held.
- Two-Dimensional Man : An Essay on the Anthropology of Power and Symbolism in Complex Society, by Abner Cohen
- Cows, Pigs, Wars and Witches, by Marvin Harris
- Portraits of "the Whiteman": Linguistic Play and Cultural Symbols among the Western Apache. by Keith Basso.
|This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (July 2010)|