1970 in Norway
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Events in the year 1970 in Norway.
- 27 April – The oil company Phillips Petroleum makes a new oil discovery (Ekofisk oil field) in the North Sea. The Ekofisk oil field remains one of the most important oil fields in the North Sea.
- 7 May – Norway's Resistance Museum is opened to the public.
- 17 May – Thor Heyerdahl and his crew sets sail from Morocco towards Latin America aboard Ra II, a papyrus boat modeled after ancient Egyptian sailing vessels, in an attempt to cross the Atlantic Ocean and prove his theory that the ancient Egyptians sailed to America in ancient times.
- 19 June – The Nature Conservation Act (Naturvernlova) was adopted.
- 12 July – Ra II arrives in Barbados.
- 20 September – A volcano eruption occurs on Jan Mayen. As a result, the island is evacuated.
- 1 November – Population Census: 3,874,133 inhabitants in Norway.
- Kristiansund Airport, Kvernberget is opened for traffic
|This section requires expansion. (September 2010)|
- Finn Carling, novelist, playwright, poet and essayist, is awarded the Riksmål Society Literature Prize.
- Simen Skjønsberg, journalist and writer, is awarded the Mads Wiel Nygaard's Endowment literary prize.
- 4 January - Carl Frode Tiller, author, historian and musician
- 28 May - Gry Blekastad Almås, journalist and news anchor
- 11 June - Hilde Magnusson Lydvo, politician
- 24 July - Anja Garbarek, singer-songwriter
- 26 July - Ingvil Aarbakke, artist (d.2005)
- 20 August – Ove Jørstad footballer (d.2008)
- 22 September - Ole Petter Andreassen, musician and producer
- 16 December - Astri Aas-Hansen, politician
- 4 February - Sig Haugdahl, motor racing driver in America (b.1891)
- 7 February - Ole Landmark, architect (b.1885)
- 11 February - Per Næsset, politician (b.1898)
- 12 February - Johan Strand Johansen, politician and Minister (b.1903)
- 18 March - Håkon Endreson, gymnast and Olympic silver medallist (b.1891)
- 18 April - Halfdan Bjølgerud, high jumper (b.1884)
- 5 May – Finn Bjørnseth, geodesist (born 1892).
- 12 May - Gunvald Tomstad, resistance fighter (b.1918)
- 22 May - Birger Var, rower and Olympic bronze medallist (b.1893)
- 24 May - Harald Hagen, sailor and Olympic gold medallist (b.1902)
- 27 June - Lauritz Schmidt, sailor and Olympic silver medallist (b.1897)
- 28 July - Ola Teigen, politician (b.1937)
- 29 July - Johannes S. Andersen, renowned career criminal and resistance fighter (b.1898)
- 23 September - Magnus Johansen, politician (b.1886)
- 12 October - Alfred Vågnes, politician (b.1880)
- 19 October - Conrad Olsen, rower and Olympic bronze medallist (b.1891)
- 9 November - John Schjelderup Giæver, author and polar researcher (b.1901)
- 23 November - Alf Prøysen, writer and musician (b.1914)
Full date unknown
- Halvard Lange, diplomat, politician and Minister (b.1902)
- Ole H. Løvlien, politician (b.1897)
- Sverre Munck, businessperson (b.1898)
- Jakob Martin Pettersen, politician and Minister (b.1899)
- Henry Rudi, huntsman and polar bear hunter (b.1889)
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to 1970 in Norway.|