1972 NCAA University Division Men's Ice Hockey Tournament
|1972 NCAA Division I Men's
Ice Hockey Tournament
|Finals Site||Boston Garden
|Champions||Boston University (2nd title, 4th title game,
8th Frozen Four)
|Runner-Up||Cornell (4th title game,
5th Frozen Four)
|Semifinalists||Wisconsin (2nd Frozen Four)
Denver (10th Frozen Four)
|Winning Coach||Jack Kelley (2nd title)|
|MOP||Tim Regan (Boston University)|
|NCAA Division I Men's Ice Hockey Tournaments
The 1972 NCAA University Division Men's Ice Hockey Tournament (the historical equivalent to today's Division I) was the culmination of the 1971–72 season in men's ice hockey in the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), USA. The Boston University Terriers successfully defended their title by defeating the Cornell Big Red 4-0 in the championship game, held in Boston, Massachusetts on March 18.
- Tim Regan, Boston University Terriers
- Bob Brown, Boston University Terriers
- Ric Jordan, Boston University Terriers
- John Danby, Boston University Terriers
- Bob Krieger, Denver Pioneers
- Dave Westner, Cornell Big Red
- Gary Winchester, Wisconsin Badgers
- Official 2008 NCAA Men's and Women's Ice Hockey Records Book (PDF). Indianapolis: National Collegiate Athletic Association. pp. 54, 58. ISSN 1089-0092. Retrieved 2008-05-27.
- "1972 NCAA Tournament". Inside College Hockey. Archived from the original on 23 May 2008. Retrieved 2008-05-27.
- "NCAA Division 1 Tournament". College Hockey historical Archive. Archived from the original on 2013-07-01. Retrieved 2013-07-02.
- "NCAA Division 1 Awards". College Hockey historical Archive. Retrieved 2013-07-02.
- "Jack Kelly Year-by-Year Coaching Record". USCHO.com. Archived from the original on 2013-07-05. Retrieved 2013-07-02.
- "Attendance Records and Sites". NCAA.org. Archived from the original on 2013-07-01. Retrieved 2013-07-02.