1973 NCAA University Division Men's Ice Hockey Tournament
|1973 NCAA Division I Men's
Ice Hockey Tournament
|Finals Site||Boston Garden
|Champions||Wisconsin (1st title, 1st title game,
3rd Frozen Four)
|Runner-Up||Denver (8th title game,
11th Frozen Four)
|Semifinalists||Boston College (10th Frozen Four)
Cornell (6th Frozen Four)
|Winning Coach||Bob Johnson (1st title)|
|MOP||Dean Talafous (Wisconsin)|
|NCAA Division I Men's Ice Hockey Tournaments
The 1973 NCAA University Division Men's Ice Hockey Tournament (the historical equivalent to today's Division I) was the culmination of the 1971–72 season in men's ice hockey in the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), United States. The Wisconsin Badgers defeated the Denver Pioneers in the championship game, held in Boston, Massachusetts on March 17. Denver's participation in the tournament was later vacated by the NCAA Committee on Infractions.
- G: Jim Makey (Wisconsin)
- D: Bruce Affleck† (Denver)
- D: John Taft (Wisconsin)
- F: Stan Hinkley (Wisconsin)
- F: Peter McNab† (Denver)
- F: Dean Talafous* (Wisconsin)
- Official 2008 NCAA Men's and Women's Ice Hockey Records Book (PDF). Indianapolis: National Collegiate Athletic Association. pp. 54, 58. ISSN 1089-0092. Retrieved 2008-05-27.
- "1973 NCAA Tournament". Inside College Hockey. Archived from the original on 23 May 2008. Retrieved 2008-05-27.
- "NCAA Division 1 Tournament". College Hockey historical Archive. Archived from the original on 2013-07-01. Retrieved 2013-07-02.
- "NCAA Division 1 Awards". College Hockey historical Archive. Retrieved 2013-07-02.
- "Bob Johnson Year-by-Year Coaching Record". USCHO.com. Archived from the original on 2013-07-05. Retrieved 2013-07-02.
- "Attendance Records and Sites". NCAA.org. Archived from the original on 2013-07-01. Retrieved 2013-07-02.