1975 Eastern Suburbs Roosters season
The 1975 Eastern Suburbs season was the 68th in the club's history. They competed in the NSWRFL's 1975 Premiership, winning all but 3 of their 25 matches and finishing premiers, as well as the 1975 Amco Cup, which they also won.
Easts' 1975 season has since been described as one of the most dominant in Australian rugby league history.
Jack Gibson (Coach),
- Arthur Beetson,
- John Brass,
- Ron Coote,
- Russell Fairfax,
- Mark Harris,
- Grant Hedger,
- Ian Mackay,
- Johnny Mayes,
- Bill Mullins,
- Des O'Reilly,
- John Peard,
- Bruce Pickett,
- Barry 'Bunny' Reilly,
- John Rheinberger,
- Ian Schubert,
- Kevin Stevens,
- Elwyn Walters.
- Western Suburbs were stripped of one competition point due to an illegal replacement in one game.
- Eastern Suburbs won their 11th Premiership by a record margin, defeating St George in the decider 38-0.It was also their biggest win of the season.
- Eastern Suburbs won the Minor Premiership, losing just 2 matches during the regular season.
- Eastern Suburbs won the club championship
- Eastern Suburb won the 1975 Amco Cup
- Easts' Halfback Johnny Mayes was the premiership's leading try scorer.
- Eastern Suburbs won a record 19 consecutive matches during the season.
- Representatives : Arthur Beetson(AUS). John Brass(Aus), Ron Coote(Aus), Mark Harris(Aus), Ian Mackay(Aus), Johnny Mayes(Aus)
- Round 2, St George 11(?) defeated Eastern Suburbs 3 at(?) Kogarah Jubilee Oval.
- Round 3, Cronulla Sutherland 17(?) defeated Eastern Suburbs 13)(?)
- Round 4, Eastern Suburbs 22 defeated Manly Warringah 16 at Brookvale Oval
- Round 5, Eastern Suburbs 22 defeated Western Suburbs 16 at the Sydney Cricket Ground.
- Round 7, Eastern Suburbs 29 defeated Canterbury Bankstown 10 at Sydney Cricket Ground.
- Round 8,
- Eastern Suburbs 15(Schubert, Harris, Walters Tries; Brass 3 Goals) defeated Newtown 6(D. Oliveri, J. Bradstock Tries) at Henson Park.
- Eastern Suburbs 7(Schubert Try; Brass 2 Goals) defated Balmain 5(M.Fish Try; J. Cunningham Goal) at Leichhardt Oval.
- Middleton, David (30 September 2013). "Ten of the most dominant seasons in rugby league history from historian David Middleton". The Daily Telegraph. Retrieved 6 February 2014.
- The Story Of Australian Rugby League, Gary Lester