1975 in India
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|This article does not cite any references or sources. (December 2009)|
Events in the year 1975 in the Republic of India.
- 19 April - The first Indian satellite, Aryabhata, goes into Earth's orbit.
- 16 May - Sikkim annexed to India after a deposing the monarchy.
- 26 June - A state of emergency is declared by Prime Minister Indira Gandhi during which the press is censored and 100,000 are jailed.
- Chasnala mining disaster
January to June 
- 31 January - Preity Zinta, actress.
- 28 March - Akshaye Khanna, actor and son of Vinod Khanna.
- 8 February - Joe Eshwar, writer, poet and filmmaker.
- 17 May - Dinesh Nayak, field hockey player.
- 26 May - Abbas, actor.
- 4 June - Bhuvaneshwari, actress.
July to December 
- 6 July - Jeevan, actor.
- 5 August - Kajol, actress.
- 28 August - Eijaz Khan, actor.
- 16 October - Rajeev Khandelwal, actor.
- 18 October - Kunal Kapoor, actor.
- 11 November - Diwakar Pundir, actor.
- 19 November - Sushmita Sen, Miss Universe 1994, actress.
- 9 December - Priya Gill, actress.
- 14 December - Sukhbir Singh Gill, field hockey player.
- 17 April - Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan, philosopher and statesman, first Vice President of India and second President of India (b.1888).
See also