1975 in art
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|This article does not cite any references or sources. (December 2009)|
|List of years in art (table)|
|... 1965 . 1966 . 1967 . 1968 . 1969 . 1970 . 1971 ...
1972 1973 1974 -1975- 1976 1977 1978
... 1979 . 1980 . 1981 . 1982 . 1983 . 1984 . 1985 ...
|Art . Archaeology . Architecture . Literature . Music . Philosophy . Science +...|
- 10 June – Fundació Joan Miró in Barcelona, designed by Josep Lluís Sert, is opened.
- The artists' community Kollektiv Herzogstrasse is founded by Heimrad Prem and others.
- The Brotherhood of Ruralists established at Wellow, Somerset, England.
- Mona Hatoum leaves her native Lebanon to study at the Byam Shaw School of Art in London.
- Four Ronnie Landfield paintings from the collection of Philip Johnson are installed at the The Four Seasons Restaurant in New York City, on the wall which Mark Rothko was initially commissioned to create paintings for, and subsequently changed his mind. (In 1985 they are replaced by a mural.)
- Center for Creative Photography archival facility created at the University of Arizona (Tucson).
- Vito Acconci – Plot
- Dara Birnbaum – Attack Piece
- Marcel Broodthaers – Daguerre's Soup, La salle blanche
- Elisabeth Frink – Shepherd and Sheep
- Eduardo Kingman – Unidad
- Gordon Matta-Clark – Day's End, Conical Intersect
- Louise Berliawsky Nevelson – Transparent Horizon
- 1 January – Eiichiro Oda, Japanese manga artist.
- 13 June – Johannes Grenzfurthner, Austrian artist, writer, curator and director.
- 14 June – Chris Onstad, American writer, cartoonist and artist.
- 30 July – Graham Nicholls, British installation artist, activist and speaker.
Full date unknown
- Allan Cavanagh, Irish cartoonist and caricaturist.
- Frode Fjerdingstad, Norwegian photographer.
- Paul Renaud, French illustrator and comic book artist.
January to June
- 19 January – Thomas Hart Benton, American painter and muralist (b. 1889).
- 23 February – Roger Hilton, English painter (b. 1911)
- 2 March – Madeleine Vionnet, French fashion designer (b. 1876).
- 9 March – Gleb W. Derujinsky, Russian-American sculptor (b. 1888).
- 10 April – Walker Evans, American photographer (b. 1903).
- 30 April – Gen Paul, French painter and engraver (b. 1895).
- 20 May – Barbara Hepworth, English sculptor and artist (b. 1903).
July to December
- 18 July – Vaughn Bodé, American underground comics, graphic design and graffiti artist (b. 1941).
- 28 August – Fritz Wotruba, Austrian sculptor (b. 1907).
- 2 October – Seamus Murphy, Irish sculptor (b. 1907).
- 25 October – Padraig Marrinan, Irish painter (b. 1906).
- 17 November – Michael Ayrton, English sculptor, graphic artist and writer (b. 1921)
- 20 December – Heinz Henghes, German sculptor (b. 1906).