1975 in film
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|List of years in film (table)|
|... 1965 . 1966 . 1967 . 1968 . 1969 . 1970 . 1971 ...
1972 1973 1974 -1975- 1976 1977 1978
... 1979 . 1980 . 1981 . 1982 . 1983 . 1984 . 1985 ...
In home video: 1972 1973 1974 -1975- 1976 1977 1978
In television: 1972 1973 1974 -1975- 1976 1977 1978
|Art . Archaeology . Architecture . Literature . Music . Philosophy . Science +...|
- March 26 - The film version of The Who's Tommy premieres in London.
- July - In order to create the necessary special effects for his film, Star Wars, George Lucas forms Industrial Light and Magic.
- August 14 - The cult classic film Rocky Horror Picture Show premieres in London.
- Jaws becomes the first movie to ever gross US$100 million in North America, setting the standard for future blockbusters.
- November 23 - Sneak Previews, the first American film review show, premieres and launches the careers of critics Gene Siskel and Roger Ebert. They will remain a team, and a staple among film critics, through various programs for the next twenty-four years.
Top grossing films (U.S.)
(*) After theatrical re-issue(s)
Palme d'Or (Cannes Film Festival):
- Chronicle of the Years of Fire (Chronique des années de braise), directed by Mohammed Lakhdar-Hamina, Algeria
Golden Bear (Berlin Film Festival):
|Category/Organization||33rd Golden Globe Awards
January 24, 1976
|29th BAFTA Awards
February 29, 1976
|48th Academy Awards
March 29, 1976
|Musical or Comedy||Drama|
|Best Film||The Sunshine Boys||One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest||Alice Doesn't Live Here Anymore||One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest|
|Best Director||Miloš Forman
One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest
One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest
|Best Actor||Walter Matthau
The Sunshine Boys
One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest
Dog Day Afternoon /
The Godfather: Part II
One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest
One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest
Alice Doesn't Live Here Anymore
One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest
|Best Supporting Actor||Richard Benjamin
The Sunshine Boys
The Towering Inferno
The Sunshine Boys
|Best Supporting Actress||Brenda Vaccaro
Alice Doesn't Live Here Anymore
|Best Screenplay, Adapted||One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest
Lawrence Hauben and Bo Goldman
|Alice Doesn't Live Here Anymore
|One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest
Lawrence Hauben and Bo Goldman
|Best Screenplay, Original||Dog Day Afternoon
Notable films released in 1975
U.S.A. unless stated
- Aaron Loves Angela, directed by Gordon Parks, Jr., starring Moses Gunn
- Adoption (Örökbefogadás), winner of Golden Bear - (Hungary)
- The Adventure of Sherlock Holmes' Smarter Brother, directed by and starring Gene Wilder, with Madeline Kahn and Marty Feldman - (U.S.A./U.K.)
- The Adventures of the Wilderness Family, starring Robert Logan
- Afonya - (U.S.S.R.)
- Aloha, Bobby and Rose, starring Paul LeMat
- Apoorva Raagangal (Rare Melodies) - (India)
- Attilas '74, documentary - (Cyprus)
- The Apple Dumpling Gang, starring Don Knotts and Tim Conway
- At Long Last Love, directed by Peter Bogdanovich, starring Burt Reynolds and Cybill Shepherd
- Autobiography of a Princess, directed by James Ivory, starring James Mason and Madhur Jaffrey - (U.K.)
- Barry Lyndon, directed by Stanley Kubrick, starring Ryan O'Neal and Marisa Berenson - (U.S.A./U.K.)
- Bim - (Trinidad)
- Bite the Bullet, directed by Richard Brooks, starring Gene Hackman, James Coburn, Candice Bergen, Jan-Michael Vincent, Ben Johnson
- The Black Bird, starring George Segal
- Il Bestione (The Beast), starring Giancarlo Giannini - (France/Italy)
- A Boy and His Dog, starring Don Johnson
- Breakheart Pass, starring Charles Bronson, Jill Ireland, Ben Johnson, Richard Crenna
- Breakout, starring Charles Bronson, Jill Ireland, Robert Duvall
- Brother, Can You Spare a Dime?, a documentary film about the Great Depression - (U.K.)
- Bugs Bunny Superstar
- Chronicle of the Years of Fire (Chronique des Années de Braise) - (Algeria)
- Chupke Chupke (Hush Hush), starring Dharmendra - (India)
- The Claws of Light (Maynila... sa mga Kuko ng Liwanag) - (Philippines)
- Cleopatra Jones and the Casino of Gold, starring Tamara Dobson and Stella Stevens
- Cooley High, starring Glynn Turman
- Coonskin, an animated film by Ralph Bakshi
- Conduct Unbecoming, directed by Michael Anderson, starring Michael York, Richard Attenborough, Trevor Howard - (U.K.)
- Crazy Mama, directed by Jonathan Demme, starring Cloris Leachman, Ann Sothern, Linda Purl
- The Cycle (Dayereh-ye Mina) - (Iran)
- The Day of the Locust, directed by John Schlesinger, starring Donald Sutherland, William Atherton, Karen Black
- Death Race 2000, directed by Paul Bartel, starring David Carradine, Simone Griffeth, Sylvester Stallone
- Deep Red, directed by Dario Argento, starring David Hemmings and Daria Nicolodi - (Italy)
- Dersu Uzala, directed by Akira Kurosawa - (U.S.S.R./Japan)
- Deewaar (The Wall), starring Shashi Kapoor - (India)
- Dialogues of Exiles (Diálogos de exiliados) - (Chile)
- Diamonds, starring Robert Shaw, Richard Roundtree, Barbara Hershey
- Doc Savage: The Man of Bronze, starring Ron Ely
- Dog Day Afternoon, directed by Sidney Lumet, starring Al Pacino, John Cazale, Chris Sarandon, Charles Durning
- The Drowning Pool, directed by Stuart Rosenberg, starring Paul Newman, Joanne Woodward, Anthony Franciosa, Melanie Griffith
- The Eiger Sanction, directed by and starring Clint Eastwood, with George Kennedy and Jack Cassidy
- The Empress Dowager (Qing guo qing cheng), starring Lisa Lu - (Hong Kong)
- End of the Game, starring Maximilian Schell, Jon Voight, Jacqueline Bisset, Martin Ritt, Robert Shaw
- Das Erdbeben in Chili, directed by Helma Sanders-Brahms - (West Germany)
- Escape to Witch Mountain, starring Eddie Albert, Ray Milland, Donald Pleasence
- Fantozzi (a.k.a. White Collar Blues) - (Italy)
- Farewell, My Lovely, starring Robert Mitchum, Charlotte Rampling, Jack O'Halloran, Sylvia Miles, John Ireland
- Flame, starring Slade - (U.K.)
- The Flower in His Mouth (Gente di rispetto), starring Jennifer O'Neill and Franco Nero - (Italy)
- The Fortune, directed by Mike Nichols, starring Jack Nicholson, Warren Beatty, Stockard Channing
- Fox (Faustrecht der Freiheit), directed by and starring Rainer Werner Fassbinder - (West Germany)
- Framed, directed by Phil Karlson, starring Joe Don Baker
- French Connection II, directed by John Frankenheimer, starring Gene Hackman, Fernando Rey, Bernard Fresson, Philippe Leotard
- Funny Lady, directed by Herbert Ross, starring Barbra Streisand, James Caan, Omar Sharif
- Furtivos (Poachers) - (Spain)
- Galileo, directed by Joseph Losey, starring Topol, Edward Fox, John Gielgud - (U.K.)
- The Giant Spider Invasion, starring Barbara Hale, Leslie Parrish, Alan Hale, Jr.
- Give 'em Hell, Harry!, a biopic of Harry S. Truman starring James Whitmore
- God's Gun, starring Lee Van Cleef and Jack Palance - (Italy/Israel)
- Graveyard of Honor (Jingi no hakaba) - (Japan)
- Great, animated short - (U.K.)
- The Great Waldo Pepper, directed by George Roy Hill, starring Robert Redford, Bo Svenson, Margot Kidder, Susan Sarandon
- Grey Gardens, a documentary film
- Hababam sinifi (Outrageous Class) - (Turkey)
- Hagiga B'Snuker (Party at the Snooker) - (Israel)
- Hans Christian Andersen's The Little Mermaid (Anderusen Dōwa Ningyo hime) - (Japan)
- The Happy Hooker, starring Lynn Redgrave and Jean-Pierre Aumont
- Hard Times, directed by Walter Hill, starring Charles Bronson and James Coburn
- Hearts of the West, starring Jeff Bridges, Alan Arkin, Andy Griffith
- Hedda, directed by Trevor Nunn, starring Peter Eyre and Glenda Jackson - (U.K.)
- Hedgehog in the Fog (Yozhik v tumane) - (U.S.S.R.)
- Hello, I'm Your Aunt! (Zdravstvuyte, ya vasha tyotya!) - (U.S.S.R.)
- Hennessy, starring Rod Steiger and Lee Remick
- Hester Street, starring Carol Kane
- The Hiding Place, starring Julie Harris
- The Hindenburg, directed by Robert Wise, starring George C. Scott, Anne Bancroft, William Atherton, Gig Young
- The 'Human' Factor, directed by Edward Dmytryk, starring George Kennedy, John Mills, Rita Tushingham
- Hustle, directed by Robert Aldrich, starring Burt Reynolds, Catherine Deneuve, Ben Johnson
- In Celebration, directed by Lindsay Anderson, starring Alan Bates and Brian Cox - (U.K.)
- Inserts, starring Richard Dreyfuss, Jessica Harper, Veronica Cartwright, Bob Hoskins - (U.K.)
- The Irony of Fate (Ironiya sudby, ili S lyogkim parom!) - (U.S.S.R.)
- Jacob the Liar (Jakob, der Lügner) - (East Germany/Czechoslovakia)
- Jaws, directed by Steven Spielberg, starring Roy Scheider, Richard Dreyfuss, Robert Shaw
- Jeanne Dielman, 23 quai du Commerce, 1080 Bruxelles, starring Delphine Seyrig - (France/Belgium)
- Journey into Fear, starring Sam Waterston, Zero Mostel, Yvette Mimieux - (Canada)
- Karayuki-san, the Making of a Prostitute, documentary by Shōhei Imamura - (Japan)
- Kaddu Beykat (a.k.a. Letter from My Village) - (Senegal)
- Keetje Tippel (Katie Tippel), directed by Paul Verhoeven, starring Monique van de Ven and Rutger Hauer - (Netherlands)
- L'important c'est d'aimer (That Most Important Thing: Love), starring Romy Schneider - (France)
- The Land That Time Forgot, starring Doug McClure - (U.K.)
- Legend of the Lawman (a.k.a. Walking Tall Part 2), starring Bo Svenson
- Legend of the Werewolf, starring Peter Cushing - (U.K.)
- Let Joy Reign Supreme (Que la Fete Commence), directed by Bertrand Tavernier - (France)
- Let's Do It Again, directed by and starring Sidney Poitier with Bill Cosby
- Lies My Father Told Me, directed by Jan Kadar - (Canada)
- The Lion Roars Again, documentary short
- Lisztomania, directed by Ken Russell, starring Roger Daltrey, Sara Kestelman, Paul Nicholas - (U.K.)
- The Lost Honour of Katharina Blum, directed by Volker Schlöndorff and Margarethe von Trotta - (West Germany)
- Love and Death, directed by and starring Woody Allen, with Diane Keaton
- Lucky Lady, directed by Stanley Donen, starring Gene Hackman, Liza Minnelli, Burt Reynolds
- The Magic Flute (Trollflöjten), a film version of the Mozart opera directed by Ingmar Bergman - (Sweden)
- Mahogany, directed by Berry Gordy, starring Diana Ross, Billy Dee Williams, Jean-Pierre Aumont
- La Maldicion de la Bestia (Horror of the Werewolf), starring Paul Naschy - (Spain)
- The Man in the Glass Booth, directed by Arthur Hiller, starring Maximilian Schell and Lois Nettleton
- The Man Who Would Be King, directed by John Huston, starring Sean Connery, Michael Caine, Christopher Plummer, Saeed Jaffrey - (U.K./U.S.A.)
- Mandingo, directed by Richard Fleischer, starring James Mason, Susan George, Ken Norton, Perry King
- The Mirror (Zerkalo), directed by Andrei Tarkovsky - (U.S.S.R.)
- Mitchell, starring Joe Don Baker, Linda Evans, Martin Balsam, Merlin Olsen
- Monty Python and the Holy Grail, directed by Terry Gilliam and Terry Jones, starring Graham Chapman, John Cleese, Eric Idle, Michael Palin, Gilliam and Jones - (U.K.)
- Moonrunners, starring James Mitchum
- Mother Küsters' Trip to Heaven (Mutter Küsters' Fahrt zum Himmel), directed by Rainer Werner Fassbinder - (West Germany)
- Mr. Ricco, starring Dean Martin
- My Friends (Amici miei), directed by Mario Monicelli - (Italy)
- Nashville, directed by Robert Altman, starring Lily Tomlin, Keith Carradine, Ronee Blakley, Karen Black, Michael Murphy, Barbara Harris, Ned Beatty
- Night Moves, directed by Arthur Penn, starring Gene Hackman, Melanie Griffith, Susan Clark, Jennifer Warren
- Nights and Days (Noce i dnie) - (Poland)
- Numéro deux (aka Number Two) directed by Jean-Luc Godard - (France)
- The Noah, starring Robert Strauss
- The Old Gun (Le vieux fusil), starring Philippe Noiret and Romy Schneider - (France)
- Once Is Not Enough, starring Kirk Douglas, David Janssen, Brenda Vaccaro, Deborah Raffin, George Hamilton
- One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest, directed by Miloš Forman, starring Jack Nicholson, Louise Fletcher, Brad Dourif, William Redfield, Will Sampson, Danny DeVito
- One of Our Dinosaurs is Missing, starring Peter Ustinov and Helen Hayes - (U.S.A./U.K.)
- Operation Daybreak, starring Timothy Bottoms, Anthony Andrews, Martin Shaw - (U.S./Czechoslovakia)
- Osadeni Dushi (Doomed Souls) - (Bulgaria)
- The Other Side of the Mountain, starring Marilyn Hassett and Beau Bridges
- Overlord, directed by Stuart Cooper - (U.K.)
- The Passenger, directed by Michelangelo Antonioni, starring Jack Nicholson, Maria Schneider, Steven Berkoff - (Italy/France)
- Peeper, directed by Peter Hyams, starring Michael Caine
- Picnic at Hanging Rock, directed by Peter Weir, starring Rachel Roberts, Vivean Gray, Helen Morse - (Australia)
- Pinchcliffe Grand Prix (Flåklypa Grand Prix) - (Norway)
- Posse, directed by and starring Kirk Douglas
- The Prisoner of Second Avenue, directed by Melvin Frank, starring Jack Lemmon and Anne Bancroft
- The Promised Land (Ziemia Obiecana), directed by Andrzej Wajda - (Poland)
- Queen of the Gypsies (Tabor ukhodit v nebo) - (U.S.S.R.)
- Queen of the Stardust Ballroom, starring Maureen Stapleton and Charles Durning
- Race with the Devil, starring Peter Fonda, Warren Oates, Loretta Swit, Lara Parker
- Rafferty and the Gold Dust Twins, starring Alan Arkin, Sally Kellerman, Mackenzie Phillips
- Rancho Deluxe, starring Jeff Bridges, Sam Waterston, Elizabeth Ashley, Clifton James, Harry Dean Stanton, Slim Pickens
- The Reincarnation of Peter Proud, directed by J. Lee Thompson, starring Michael Sarrazin, Margot Kidder, Jennifer O'Neill
- The Return of the Pink Panther, directed by Blake Edwards, starring Peter Sellers, Christopher Plummer, Herbert Lom - (U.K.)
- The Return of the Sister Street Fighter (Kaette kita onna hissatsu ken) - (Japan)
- The Rocky Horror Picture Show, directed by Jim Sharman, starring Tim Curry, Susan Sarandon, Richard O'Brien, Barry Bostwick - (U.S./U.K.)
- Rollerball, directed by Norman Jewison, starring James Caan, John Houseman, John Beck, Maud Adams
- The Romantic Englishwoman, directed by Joseph Losey, starring Glenda Jackson, Michael Caine, Helmut Berger - (U.K.)
- Rooster Cogburn, starring John Wayne and Katharine Hepburn
- Royal Flash, directed by Richard Lester, starring Malcolm McDowell, Oliver Reed, Alan Bates - (U.K.)
- Salò o le 120 giornate di Sodoma (aka Salo, or the 120 Days of Sodom), directed by Pier Paolo Pasolini - (Italy/France)
- Le Sauvage (a.k.a. Lovers Like Us), starring Catherine Deneuve and Yves Montand - (France)
- The Sensuous Nurse (L'Infermiera), starring Ursula Andress, Luciana Paluzzi, Jack Palance - (Italy)
- Seven Beauties (Pasqualino Settebellezze), directed by Lina Wertmüller - (Italy)
- Shampoo, directed by Hal Ashby, starring Warren Beatty, Julie Christie, Goldie Hawn, Lee Grant, Jack Warden, Carrie Fisher
- Shivers (a.k.a. They Came from Within) - (Canada)
- Sholay, the highest grossing Bollywood film of all time - (India)
- Smile, directed by Michael Ritchie, starring Bruce Dern and Barbara Feldon
- Special Section (Section spéciale), directed by Costa Gavras - (France)
- The Stepford Wives, directed by Bryan Forbes, starring Katharine Ross, Paula Prentiss, Peter Masterson, Tina Louise
- The Story of Adele H. (L'Histoire d'Adèle H.), directed by François Truffaut, starring Isabelle Adjani and Bruce Robinson - (France)
- The Strongest Man in the World, starring Kurt Russell
- Sunday Too Far Away, starring Jack Thompson - (Australia)
- The Sunshine Boys, directed by Herbert Ross, starring Walter Matthau, George Burns, Richard Benjamin
- Supervixens, cult adult film directed by Russ Meyer
- Switchblade Sisters (a.k.a. The Jezebels), directed by Jack Hill
- Terror of Mechagodzilla (Mekagojira no gyakushu), directed by Ishirō Honda - (Japan)
- They Fought for Their Country (Они сражались за Родину), directed by Sergei Bondarchuk - (U.S.S.R.)
- Three Days of the Condor, directed by Sydney Pollack, starring Robert Redford, Faye Dunaway, Cliff Robertson
- Tommy, directed by Ken Russell, starring Oliver Reed, Ann-Margret, Jack Nicholson, Roger Daltrey - (U.K.)
- The Travelling Players (Ο Θίασος; O Thiassos), directed by Theo Angelopoulos - (Greece)
- The Ultimate Warrior, starring Yul Brynner
- Unter dem Pflaster ist der Strand, directed by Helma Sanders-Brahms - (West Germany)
- Villa Zone (Vilna Zona), directed by Eduard Zahariev, starring Itzhak Fintzi, Katya Paskaleva, Naum Shopov - (Bulgaria)
- W.W. and the Dixie Dancekings, directed by John G. Avildsen, starring Burt Reynolds and Art Carney
- White Line Fever, starring Jan-Michael Vincent and Kay Lenz
- The Wilby Conspiracy, directed by Ralph Nelson, starring Sidney Poitier and Michael Caine - (U.K.)
- The Wild Party, directed by James Ivory, starring Raquel Welch, James Coco, Perry King
- The Wind and the Lion, directed by John Milius, starring Sean Connery and Candice Bergen
- A Woman's Decision (Bilans kwartalny) - (Poland)
- The Wrong Move, directed by Wim Wenders, starring Rudiger Vogler and Hanna Schygulla - (West Germany)
- Zaklęte rewiry (a.k.a. Hotel Pacific) - (Poland)
- Xala, directed by Ousmane Sembène - (Senegal)
- The Yakuza, directed by Sydney Pollack, starring Robert Mitchum and Ken Takakura - (U.S./Japan)
- January 3
- January 5 - Bradley Cooper, American actor
- February 14 - Malik Zidi, French actor
- February 22 - Drew Barrymore, American actress and director
- March 27 - Stacy Ferguson, American actress/singer
- May 3 - Christina Hendricks, American actress
- June 4 - Angelina Jolie, American actress
- June 25 - Linda Cardellini, American actress
- June 27 - Tobey Maguire, American actor
- July 11
- July 23 - Surya Sivakumar, Indian actor
- August 7 - Charlize Theron, South African actress
- August 12 - Casey Affleck, American actor
- September 30 - Marion Cotillard, French actress
- October 5
- October 7 - Kaspars Znotiņš, Latvian actor
- November 6 - Sean Patrick Maclam, Scottish Grindhouse film director
- November 19 - Sushmita Sen, Indian actress
- December 17 - Milla Jovovich, Ukrainian-American actress
- December 27 - Heather O'Rourke, American actress (d.1988)
- January 9 - Pierre Fresnay, 77, French actor, La Grande Illusion, Le Corbeau, The Man Who Knew Too Much, Monsieur Vincent
- January 18 - Gertrude Olmstead, 77, American actress, The Boob, Monster, Cameo Kirby, Cobra
- January 24 - Larry Fine, 72, American actor, soundtrack, writer, It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World, 4 for Texas, Disorder in the Court, Dancing Lady, My Sister Eileen
- January 24 - Neil Wilson, 58, British actor, A Clockwork Orange, The Ladykillers, Alfie, The Lavender Hill Mob, The Battle of the River Plate, The Damned
- January 27 - Bill Walsh, 61, American producer, Mary Poppins, Bedknobs and Broomsticks, The Love Bug, The Absent-Minded Professor, Herbie Rides Again, That Darn Cat!
- February 1 - Richard Wattis, 62, British actor, The Longest Day, The Man Who Knew Too Much, Kind Hearts and Coronets, Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, Casino Royale, Around the World in 80 Days, The Lavender Hill Mob, The Prince and the Showgirl, Bunny Lake Is Missing, The Importance of Being Earnest
- February 11 - Maria Balcerkiewiczówna, 71, Polish actress, Vampires of Warsaw
- February 20 – Robert Strauss, 61, American actor, Stalag 17, The Seven Year Itch, The Man with the Golden Arm, Attack, Frankie and Johnny
- March 4 - Renée Björling, 76, Swedish actress, Summer Interlude, Fröken Fob, A Lesson in Love, The Monastery of Sendomir
- March 7 - Ben Blue, 73, Canadian-born American actor, It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World, The Russians Are Coming, the Russians Are Coming, For Me and My Gal, Thousands Cheer, Panama Hattie
- March 14 - Susan Hayward, 57, American actress, I Want to Live!, The Snows of Kilimanjaro, I'll Cry Tomorrow, With a Song in My Heart, Valley of the Dolls, I Married a Witch
- April 4 - Mary Ure, 42, Scottish actress, Where Eagles Dare, Look Back in Anger, Sons and Lovers, Custer of the West, Storm Over the Nile
- April 10 - Marjorie Main, 85, American actress, Meet Me in St. Louis, Heaven Can Wait, The Long, Long Trailer, The Women, Summer Stock, The Egg and I, Another Thin Man
- April 13 - Larry Parks, 60, American actor, The Jolson Story, Jolson Sings Again, Freud, Down to Earth, You Were Never Lovelier
- April 15 - Richard Conte, 65, American actor, soundtrack, director, The Godfather, Ocean's 11, The Greatest Story Ever Told
- April 23 - William Hartnell, 67, British actor, Hell Drivers, Carry On Sergeant, The Mouse That Roared, This Sporting Life
- May 4 - Moe Howard, 77, American actor, original member of the Three Stooges, Punch Drunks, Men in Black, Disorder in the Court, Three Little Pigskins, It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World
- June 4 - Evelyn Brent, 75, American actress, Underworld, The Last Command, The Seventh Victim, The Silver Horde
- June 28 - Rod Serling, American writer and creator of The Twilight Zone (1959–64) and Night Gallery (1969-73); screenplay writer for Seven Days in May (1964)
- September 24 - Clive Morton, 71, English actor, The Moonraker, Kind Hearts and Coronets, The Lavender Hill Mob, Richard III, Goodbye Mr. Chips, Lawrence of Arabia
- October 24 - Martin Boddey, 68, Scottish actor, Carry On Sergeant, Carry On Nurse, Tales from the Crypt, Psychomania
- October 31 - Joseph Calleia, 78, Maltese actor, Touch of Evil, Gilda, Jungle Book, The Alamo, My Little Chickadee, After the Thin Man
- November 2 - Pier Paolo Pasolini, 53, Italian director, Teorema, Accattone, The Hawks and the Sparrows, Salò, or the 120 Days of Sodom
- November 5 - Annette Kellerman, 88, Australian swimmer, and silent film actress, portrayed by Esther Williams, Venus of the South Seas
- December 13 - Cyril Delevanti, 88, British actor, soundtrack, Mary Poppins, Soylent Green, Bedknobs and Broomsticks, Limelight, Monsieur Verdoux, The Night of the Iguana, The Greatest Story Ever Told, Bye Bye Birdie, Frankenstein Meets the Wolf Man, Ministry of Fear
- December 24 - Bernard Herrmann, 64, American composer, orchestrator, Taxi Driver, Psycho, Citizen Kane, Vertigo, North by Northwest, The Day the Earth Stood Still, The Man Who Knew Too Much, Marine, Fahrenheit 451, The Trouble with Harry, Cape Fear, The Wrong Man, The Magnificent Ambersons, Jason and the Argonauts, The Ghost and Mrs. Muir, Journey to the Center of the Earth
- Kim Cattrall - Rosebud
- Tim Curry - The Rocky Horror Picture Show
- Brad Dourif - W.W. and the Dixie Dancekings
- Laurence Fishburne - Cornbread, Earl and Me
- Nastassja Kinski - The Wrong Move
- Christopher Lloyd - One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest
- Mary Stuart Masterson - The Stepford Wives
- Bill Murray - Shame of the Jungle
- Bill Paxton - Crazy Mama
- Dennis Quaid - Crazy Mama
- Chris Sarandon - Dog Day Afternoon
- Patrick Stewart - Hennessy
- John Travolta - The Devil's Rain
- Treat Williams - Deadly Hero (filmed in 1975, released in May 1976)
- "Jaws, Box Office Information". Box Office Mojo. Retrieved January 22, 2012.
- "The Rocky Horror Picture Show, Box Office Information". The Numbers. Retrieved January 22, 2012.
- "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest, Box Office Information". Box Office Mojo. Retrieved January 22, 2012.
- "Dog Day Afternoon, Box Office Information". Box Office Mojo. Retrieved January 22, 2012.
- "Shampoo, Box Office Information". Box Office Mojo. Retrieved January 22, 2012.
- "The Return of the Pink Panther, Box Office Information". Box Office Mojo. Retrieved January 22, 2012.
- "Three Days of the Condor, Box Office Information". The Numbers. Retrieved January 22, 2012.
- "Funny Lady, Box Office Information". The Numbers. Retrieved January 22, 2012.
- "The Apple Dumpling Gang, Box Office Information". Box Office Mojo. Retrieved July 7, 2012.
- "Aloha, Bobby and Rose, Worldwide Box Office". Worldwide Box Office. Retrieved January 22, 2012.
- "The Other Side of the Mountain, Box Office Information". The Numbers. Retrieved July 7, 2012.
- "Tommy, Box Office Information". Box Office Mojo. Retrieved January 22, 2012.
- "The Adventures of the Wilderness Family, Worldwide Box Office". Worldwide Box Office. Retrieved January 22, 2012.
- "Rollerball, Box Office Information". The Numbers. Retrieved January 22, 2012.
- "The Hindenburg, Box Office Information". The Numbers. Retrieved July 7, 2012.
- "Lucky Lady, Box Office Information". Box Office Mojo. Retrieved January 22, 2012.
- Top 20 Films of 1975 by Domestic Revenue. Box Office Report via Internet Archive. Retrieved September 18, 2013.
- Alain Silver and James Ursini, Whatever Happened to Robert Aldrich?, Limelight, 1995 p 39.
- "The Great Waldo Pepper, Box Office Information". Box Office Mojo. Retrieved January 22, 2012.
- "Love and Death, Box Office Information". Box Office Mojo. Retrieved January 22, 2012.
- "Barry Lyndon, Box Office Information". The Numbers. Retrieved January 22, 2012.
- "The Adventure of Sherlock Holmes' Smarter Brother, Box Office Information". The Numbers. Retrieved July 7, 2012.
- Box Office Information for Escape to Witch Mountain. Box Office Mojo. Retrieved September 18, 2013.
- Box Office Information for Rooster Cognurn. Worldwide Box Office. Retrieved September 18, 2013.
- "Supervixens, Worldwide Box Office". Worldwide Box Office. Retrieved January 22, 2012.
- "W.W. and the Dixie Dancekings, Box Office Information". The Numbers. Retrieved July 7, 2012.
- "Breakout, Box Office Information". The Numbers. Retrieved January 22, 2012.
- "The Eiger Sanction, Box Office Information". The Numbers. Retrieved July 7, 2012.
- "French Connection II, Worldwide Box Office". Worldwide Box Office. Retrieved January 22, 2012.
- "Race with the Devil, Box Office Information". The Numbers. Retrieved July 7, 2012.
- "Bite the Bullet, Box Office Information". The Numbers. Retrieved July 7, 2012.
- FILM VIEW: Why 'Smokey And the Bandit' Is Making A Killing FILM VIEW 'Smokey and the Bandit' Canby, Vincent. New York Times (1923-Current file) [New York, N.Y] 18 Dec 1977: 109.
- "Nashville, Box Office Information". Box Office Mojo. Retrieved January 22, 2012.