1977 in Malaysia
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|This article does not cite any references or sources. (December 2009)|
1977 in Malaysia
20 years of the nationhood
- Yang di-Pertuan Agong: Sultan Yahya Petra
- Raja Permaisuri Agong: Raja Perempuan Zainab
- Prime Minister: Tun Hussein Onn
- Deputy Prime Minister: Dato' Dr Mahathir Mohammad
- Sultan of Johor: Sultan Ismail
- Sultan of Kedah: Sultan Abdul Halim Muadzam Shah
- Sultan of Kelantan: Tengku Ismail Petra (Regent)
- Raja of Perlis: Tuanku Syed Putra
- Sultan of Perak: Sultan Idris Shah II
- Sultan of Pahang: Sultan Ahmad Shah (Deputy Yang di-Pertuan Agong)
- Sultan of Selangor: Sultan Salahuddin Abdul Aziz Shah
- Sultan of Terengganu: Sultan Ismail Nasiruddin Shah
- Yang di-Pertuan Besar of Negeri Sembilan: Tuanku Jaafar
- Yang di-Pertua Negeri (Governor) of Penang: Tun Sardon Jubir
- Yang di-Pertua Negeri (Governor) of Malacca: Tun Syed Zahiruddin bin Syed Hassan
- Yang di-Pertua Negeri (Governor) of Sarawak:
- Yang di-Pertua Negeri (Governor) of Sabah:
- 24 January - Former Selangor Menteri Besar, Datuk Harun Idris found guilty and was sentenced by the High Court to six months jail for forgery and fined RM 15,000 or six months jail for abetting criminal breach of trust involving nearly RM 6.5 million worth of Bank Rakyat's stocks and shares
- 24 April - Five children were killed in the saloon racing car accident at the Batu Tiga Circuit during Malaysian Grand Prix.
- 11 May - The Tugu Negara (National Monument) has finally repaired and restored to its original state.
- June - The construction of the North-South Expressway projects has begun.
- 27 September - 36 die and 43 survive in the Japan Airlines DC-8 plane crash at Subang, Selangor.
- 8 November - State of emergency was declared in the state of Kelantan following political impasse and street violence.
- 4 December - Malaysia Airlines Flight 653 is hijacked and crashed in Tanjung Kupang, Johor, killing 100 including Minister of Agriculture, Dato' Mohd Ali Ahmad and Malaysian Public Works Department (JKR) Director, Tan Sri Mahfuz Khalid.
- 19 December - 26 December - 1977 Southeast Asian Games
- Tan Sri Syed Jaabar Albar — UMNO General Secretary and Minister of Rural Development
- Tun Mohd Hamdan Abdullah — Sabah state Yang di-Pertua Negeri (Governor) (1977)
- Sultanah Aminah Ungku Ahmad— Sultanah of Johor, consort of Sultan Ismail.