1977 in the Philippines
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Years in the Philippines:||1974 1975 1976 1977 1978 1979 1980|
|Centuries:||19th century · 20th century · 21st century|
|Decades:||1940s 1950s 1960s 1970s 1980s 1990s 2000s|
|Years:||1974 1975 1976 1977 1978 1979 1980|
1977 in the Philippines details events of note that happened in the Philippines in the year 1977.
- November 25 - Benigno Aquino Jr. was found guilty of charges and sentence him to death by firing squad, but the death sentence was postponed.
- December 16–17 – National referendum was called where the majority of the voters voted that President Ferdinand Marcos should continue in office as incumbent President and Prime Minister after the organization of the Interim Batasang Pambansa.
- January 1 – Richard M. Magsino, Filipino DLSU and UP-trained marine biologist
- January 12 – Piolo Pascual, Filipino actor
- February 14 – Donna Cruz
- February 25 – Niña Corpuz
- April 30 – Eddie Peregrina
- August - Eulogio Balao, Filipino soldier and politician
- September 8 - George J. Willmann, Naturalized Filipino missionary from the United States.
- November 11 – Abraham Sarmiento, Jr., Filipino journalist and political activist