1978–79 Michigan Wolverines men's basketball team
|1978–79 Michigan Wolverines men's basketball|
|Conference||Big Ten Conference|
|1978–79 record||8–19 (7–11, 7th-t Big Ten)|
|Head coach||Johnny Orr|
|Assistant coach||Bill Frieder|
|Assistant coach||Jim Boyce|
|Assistant coach||Tom Kempf|
|1978–79 Big Ten Conference men's basketball standings|
|#3 Michigan State||13||–||5||.722||26||–||6||.813|
|Rankings from AP Poll)|
The 1978–79 Michigan Wolverines men's basketball team represented the University of Michigan in intercollegiate college basketball during the 1978–79 season. The team played its home games in the Crisler Arena in Ann Arbor, Michigan, and was a member of the Big Ten Conference. Under the direction of head coach Johnny Orr, the team finished tied for seventh in the Big Ten Conference. The team failed to earn an invitation to either the 1978 National Invitation Tournament or the 1978 NCAA Men's Division I Basketball Tournament. The team was ranked in the Associated Press Top Twenty-Five Poll for eight of the season's seventeen weeks, reaching a number 6 ranking on December 5, 1978 and falling out after the January 9, 1979 poll.
Team players drafted into the NBA
|1979||1||15||15||Phil Hubbard||Detroit Pistons|
|1981||1||19||19||Mike McGee||Los Angeles Lakers|
|1981||3||23||69||John Johnson||Boston Celtics|
|1981||5||20||112||Paul Heuerman||Phoenix Suns|
|1982||7||3||141||Thad Gardner||Utah Jazz|
- "Big Ten Basketball 2009–10 Media Guide". CBS Interactive. p. 69. Retrieved 2010-09-14.
- "NCAA Tournament History". University of Michigan. 2010. p. 3. Retrieved 2010-09-18.
- "Division I Records". National Collegiate Athletic Association. pp. 68–83. Retrieved 2010-09-18.
- "1979 NBA Draft". Basketball-reference.com. Retrieved 2014-04-25.
- "1981 NBA Draft". Basketball-reference.com. Retrieved 2014-04-25.
- "1982 NBA Draft". Basketball-reference.com. Retrieved 2014-04-25.
|This basketball-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article related to sports in Michigan is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|