1979 French Open
|1979 French Open|
|Date:||28 May - 11 June|
|Category:||Grand Slam (ITF)|
|Surface:||Clay / Outdoor|
|Location:||Paris (XVIe), France|
|Venue:||Stade Roland Garros|
|Björn Borg |
|Chris Evert |
|Gene Mayer / Sandy Mayer |
|Betty Stöve / Wendy Turnbull |
|Wendy Turnbull / Bob Hewitt |
The 1979 French Open was a tennis tournament that took place on the outdoor clay courts at the Stade Roland Garros in Paris, France. The tournament ran from 28 May until 11June. It was the 78th staging of the French Open, and the first Grand Slam tennis event of 1979.
Men's singles 
- It was Borg's 7th career Grand Slam title, and his 4th French Open title.
Women's singles 
- It was Evert's 9th career Grand Slam title, and her 3rd French Open title.
Men's doubles 
Women's doubles 
Mixed doubles 
Prize money 
Total prize money for the event was FF2,050,012.
- "Roland Garros - 1979 Men's Singles". ATP.
- "WTA Tournament Archive – 1979 Roland Garros" (PDF). WTA.
- "Roland Garros - 1979 Men's Doubles". ATP.
- Collins, Bud (2010). The Bud Collins History of Tennis (2nd ed. ed.). [New York]: New Chapter Press. pp. 390, 397, 400, 402–3. ISBN 978-0942257700.
- Gilles Delamarre (1991). Roland Garros : Le Livre du Tournoi du Centenaire. Paris: Fédération Française de Tennis. pp. 240–245. ISBN 2906450510.
- John Barrett, ed. (1981). World of Tennis 1980. London: Queen Anne Press. p. 35. ISBN 978-0362020120.
1978 French Open
|French Open||Succeeded by
1980 French Open
1978 Australian Open
|Grand Slams||Succeeded by
1979 Wimbledon Championships