1979 in the Philippines
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Years in the Philippines:||1976 1977 1978 1979 1980 1981 1982|
|Centuries:||19th century · 20th century · 21st century|
|Decades:||1940s 1950s 1960s 1970s 1980s 1990s 2000s|
|Years:||1976 1977 1978 1979 1980 1981 1982|
1979 in the Philippines details events of note that happened in the Philippines in the year 1979.
- President: Ferdinand Marcos
- Prime Minister: Ferdinand Marcos
- House Speaker: Querube Makalintal
- Chief Justice: Fred Ruiz Castro to July 2 Enrique Fernando
- April 10 – Presidential Decree No. 1616, an act to create an Intramuros Administration for the purpose of restoring and developing Intramuros was enacted.
- May 7 – Sangguniang Pampook elections are held for the Regional Legislative Assembly of the former Autonomous Regions in the Philippines which are the Region IX and Region XII.
- July 30 – Eat Bulaga, a noon-time variety show premiered on RPN at Broadcast City, Diliman, Quezon City.
- November 12 - Melanie Marquez, was crowned as Miss International 1979 in the pageant night was held in Mielparque, Tokyo, Japan.
Main article: 1979 in Philippine television
- March 1 – Lee Vann Corteza, Filipino pool player
- April 10 – Ryan Agoncillo, Filipino film television actor model and photographer
- July 20 – Claudine Barretto
- August 16 – Sarah Balabagan, Filipina prisoner and singer
- September 22 – Jericho Rosales, Filipino cinema and television actor, singer, and songwriter
- June 9 – Rudy Fernandez, labor leader
- September 4 – Canuplin, Filipino stage performer and magician