|This article does not cite any references or sources. (March 2013)|
French release poster
|Directed by||Ricardo Trogi|
|Produced by||Nicole Robert|
|Written by||Ricardo Trogi|
|Narrated by||Ricardo Trogi|
|Music by||Frédéric Bégin|
|Edited by||Yvann Thibaudeau|
|Distributed by||Alliance VivaFilm|
|Running time||102 minutes|
1981, longer title 1981: L'année ou je suis devenu un menteur (1981: The Year I Became a Liar) is a 2009 Canadian French language comedy-drama film from Quebec written and directed by Ricardo Trogi. It was released on 4 September 2009. The film is autobiographical about the youth years of the director as told by him during the film.
Ricardo (played by Jean-Carl Boucher), 11 years, arrives to a school where he feels completely foreign. With the aim of integrating, he befriends a group of youth named "K-Way rouges" (the K-Way Reds) composed of Jérôme (Gabriel Maillé), Marchand (Dany Bouchard) and Plante (Léo Caron) from the school and tries to woo and impress the beautiful Anne Tremblay (played by Élizabeth Adam). In the process he has to lie his way all through.
- Jean-Carl Boucher as Ricardo Trogi
- Sandrine Bisson as Claudette Trogi, Ricardo's mother
- Claudio Colangelo as Benito Trogi, Ricardo's father
- Gabriel Maillé as Jérôme, the leader of the "K-Way rouges"
- Dany Bouchard as Marchand, member of the "K-Way rouges"
- Léo Caron as Plante, member of the "K-Way rouges"
- Marjolaine Lemieux as teacher Aline
- Élizabeth Adam as Anne Tremblay, the beautiful student Ricardo falls ion love with
- Lauriane Fortier as Anne Tremblay's friend
- Pierre-Xavier Martel as the Nazi
- Rose Adam as Nadia Trogi, Ricardo's sister
- Simone Chevalot as secretary at the school
- Pierre Mailloux as Mr. Dagenais
- Jean-Robert Bourdage as Maître Schneider
- Mikahel Turcot-Beauchemin
- Ricardo Trogi as Narrator
|This article related to a Canadian film of the 2000s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a 2000s comedy-drama film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|