1981 in the Philippines
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Years in the Philippines:||1978 1979 1980 1981 1982 1983 1984|
|Centuries:||19th century · 20th century · 21st century|
|Decades:||1950s 1960s 1970s 1980s 1990s 2000s 2010s|
|Years:||1978 1979 1980 1981 1982 1983 1984|
1981 in the Philippines details events of note that happened in the Philippines in the year 1981.
- President: Ferdinand Marcos
- Prime Minister: Ferdinand Marcos to June 30 Cesar Virata
- House Speaker: Querube Makalintal
- Chief Justice: Enrique Fernando
- April 7 – National plebiscite and local plebiscites was held on April 7, 1981 in the Philippines. The majority of the Filipino people voted yes to the terms and constitutional amendments. All were in favor of the creation of the new municipalities in Bohol, South Cotabato and Zamboanga del Norte.
- June 16 – Presidential elections was held. Incumbent Ferdinand E. Marcos of the Kilusang Bagong Lipunan (KBL) defeated former Gen. Alejo Santos of the Nacionalista Party in a landslide victory garnering 88% of the votes. Most opposition parties boycotted the elections as a sign of protest over the 1978 elections for an interim Batasang Pambansa (National Assembly) which they condemned as fraudulent.
- December 6–15 – The 11th Southeast Asian Games were held for the first time in the Philippines at Manila. The Philippines ranked third with an over-all total of 187 medals.
- February 19 – Assunta De Rossi
- March 7 – Rica Peralejo, Filipina actress
- March 22 – Karylle, Filipina actress, hosts
- April 21 – Luis Manzano, Filipino actor, hosts
- May 12 – Dennis Trillo, Filipino actor
- June 10 – Arwind Santos, Filipino professional basketball player
- November 1 – Coco Martin, Filipino multi-awarding actor producer and vtr commercial voice endorsement
- November 1 – Mark Borboran, Filipino professional basketball player
- November 13 – Mark Cardona, Filipino basketball player
- November 18 – Gian Magdangal, Filipino singer and actor
- July 6 - Fort Acuña, Filipino professional basketball player and coach
- December 30 – Alfie Anido, Filipino actor