The Senior women's race at the 1982 IAAF World Cross Country Championships was held in Rome, Italy, at the Ippodromo delle Capannelle on March 21, 1982. A report on the event was given in the Glasgow Herald.
Complete results, medallists,  and the results of British athletes were published.
Senior women's race (4.663 km)
- Note: Athletes in parentheses did not score for the team result
An unofficial count yields the participation of 109 athletes from 22 countries in the Senior women's race. This is in agreement with the official numbers as published.
- ^ Cross-country - Ethiopians won both men's titles in the world cross-country championships in Rome yesterday when Mohamed Kedir led the seniors and Zurubachew Gelawa the juniors..., Glasgow Herald, March 22, 1982, p. 15, retrieved October 20, 2013
- ^ Magnusson, Tomas (February 8, 2007), IAAF World Cross Country Championships - 4.7km CC Women - Roma Hippodromo della Campanelle Date: Sunday, March 21, 1982, Athchamps (archived), retrieved October 20, 2013
- ^ IAAF WORLD CROSS COUNTRY CHAMPIONSHIPS, Athletics Weekly, retrieved October 9, 2013
- ^ a b 36th IAAF WORLD CROSS COUNTRY CHAMPIONSHIPS - EDINBURGH 2008 - FACTS & FIGURES - GREAT BRITAIN & NORTHERN IRELAND AT THE INTERNATIONAL CROSS COUNTRY & WORLD CROSS COUNTRY CHAMPIONSHIPS, IAAF, p. 2ff, retrieved October 9, 2013