1982 Wimbledon Championships
|1982 Wimbledon Championships|
|Date:||21 June - 4 July|
|Category:||Grand Slam (ITF)|
|Draw:||128S / 64D / 64MX|
London, United Kingdom
|Peter McNamara / Paul McNamee|
|Martina Navratilova / Pam Shriver|
|Anne Smith / Kevin Curren|
|Pat Cash / John Frawley|
|Penny Barg / Beth Herr|
The 1982 Wimbledon Championships was a tennis tournament played on grass courts at the All England Lawn Tennis and Croquet Club in Wimbledon in London in England. It was the 96th edition of the Wimbledon Championships and were held from 21 June to 4 July 1982.
|Event||W||F||SF||QF||Round of 16||Round of 32||Round of 64||Round of 128|
|Men's Doubles *||£16,666||£8,834||£4,166||£1,666||£834||£278||£140||N/A|
|Women's Doubles *||£14,450||£7,226||£3,332||£1,332||£620||£200||£100||N/A|
|Mixed Doubles *||£6,750||£3,400||£1,700||£800||£400||£0||£0||N/A|
* per team
- It was Connors's 6th career Grand Slam title and his 2nd and last Wimbledon title.
- It was Navratilova's 15th career Grand Slam title and her 3rd Wimbledon title.
- It was McNamara's 3rd and last career Grand Slam title and his 2nd Wimbledon title. It was McNamee's 3rd career Grand Slam title and his 2nd and last Wimbledon title.
- It was Navratilova's 16th career Grand Slam title and her 7th Wimbledon title. It was Shriver's 2nd career Grand Slam title and her 2nd Wimbledon title.
- It was Smith's 8th career Grand Slam title and her 2nd Wimbledon title. It was Curren's 2nd career Grand Slam title and his only Wimbledon title.
1982 French Open
|Grand Slams||Succeeded by
1982 U.S. Open