1982 in art
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|List of years in art (table)|
|... 1972 . 1973 . 1974 . 1975 . 1976 . 1977 . 1978 ...
1979 1980 1981 -1982- 1983 1984 1985
... 1986 . 1987 . 1988 . 1989 . 1990 . 1991 . 1992 ...
|Art . Archaeology . Architecture . Literature . Music . Philosophy . Science +...|
- Andy Warhol "falls in love" with Duran Duran at a Blondie concert.
- Cartoonist Gerald Scarfe's animations play a major part in the success of the film version of Pink Floyd's The Wall.
- Photographer Jacqueline Livingston opens Jacqueline Livingston "A One Artist Gallery" in New York's Soho showing a different body of her work monthly for one year. Livingston and her gallery are placed under FBI surveillance because of accusations of child pornography.(reference corrected by the artist)
- Michael Andrews - Sax AD 832
- Avigdor Arikha - Marie-Catherine
- Wolf Kahn - My Barn on a Summer Night, Hirshhorn Museum
- Euan Uglow - Zagi
- Joan Miró and Joan Gardy Artigas - Dona i Ocell (tiled sculpture in Barcelona)
- Henry Moore - The Artist's Hands I (charcoal, wax crayon and ballpoint pen)
- Jean Tinguely and Niki de Saint-Phalle - Fontaine des automates, Paris
- Joseph Beuys presents 7000 Oaks – City Forestation Instead of City Administration at Documenta 7, Kassel
|This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (July 2010)|
- January 17 - Juan O'Gorman, Mexican painter and architect (b.1905)
- January 27 - Félix Labisse, French painter and designer (b.1905)
- February 6 - Ben Nicholson, English abstract painter (b.1894)
- June 10 - Gala Dalí, Russian artist's model (b.1894)
- June 29 - Pierre Balmain, French fashion designer (b.1914)
- September 11 - Wifredo Lam, Cuban artist (b.1902)
- September 17 - Ettore DeGrazia, American impressionist, painter, sculptor and lithographer (b.1909)
- October 9 - Charles E. Brown, English aviation photographer (b.1896)
- October 10 - Jean Effel, French painter, caricaturist, illustrator and journalist (b.1908)
- November 3 - Alejandro Bustillo, Argentine painter and architect (b. 1889)
- November 27 - Radomir Stević Ras, Serbian painter and designer (b. 1931)