1984 NCAA Division I Men's Ice Hockey Tournament
|1984 NCAA Division I Men's
Ice Hockey Tournament
|Finals Site||1980 Rink
Lake Placid, New York
|Champions||Bowling Green (1st title, 1st title game,
2nd Frozen Four)
|Runner-Up||Minnesota-Duluth (1st title game,
1st Frozen Four)
|Semifinalists||North Dakota (10th Frozen Four)
Michigan State (4th Frozen Four)
|Winning Coach||Jerry York (1st title)|
|MOP||Gary Kruzich (Bowling Green)|
|NCAA Division I Men's Ice Hockey Tournaments
The 1984 NCAA Men's Division I Ice Hockey Tournament was the culmination of the 1983–84 season in men's ice hockey for teams in Division I of the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA). The Bowling Green Falcons defeated the Minnesota Duluth Bulldogs in the championship game, held in Lake Placid, New York on March 24. The game was one of the longest in NCAA history, ending in the fourth overtime period.
The quarter-finals were two-game total-goals series. The semi-finals and finals were single elimination games.
|Minnesota Duluth||2 OT|
|Bowling Green||5 OT4|
|Michigan State||1||Third place|
|Boston U.||6||1||7||North Dakota||6 OT|
|Bowling Green||3||5 OT||8||Michigan State||5|
- Rick Kosti, Minnesota Duluth Bulldogs
- Gary Kruzich, Bowling Green Falcons
- David Ellett, Bowling Green Falcons
- Garry Galley, Bowling Green Falcons
- Dean Barsness, North Dakota Fighting Sioux
- Bob Lasko, Minnesota Duluth Bulldogs
- Lyle Phair, Michigan State Spartans
- Official 2008 NCAA Men's and Women's Ice Hockey Records Book (PDF). Indianapolis: National Collegiate Athletic Association. pp. 54, 58. ISSN 1089-0092. Retrieved 2008-05-23.
- "1984 NCAA Tournament". Inside College Hockey. Archived from the original on 23 May 2008. Retrieved 2008-05-23.