1984 in Denmark
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Events from the year 1984 in Denmark.
|This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (January 2011)|
- Jily 28 – 12 August — Denmark at the 1984 Summer Olympics in Los Angeles: 0 gold medals, 3 silver medals and 3 bronze medals.
- 12–27 June — Denmark national football team participates at UEFA Euro 1984 in France.
- 19 June — Denmark qualifies for the semi-finals by defeating Belgium 3–2 in their last game in Group A and thereby finishing second in the group after France.
- 24 June — Denmark faces Spain in the semi-fuinal and leads for most of the match after an early goal by Søren Lerby but Antonio Maceda scores three minutes before time and Denmark is subsequently defeated 6–4 after a penalty shoot-out..
- 27 June — Denmark is defeated 2–0 by France in the Bronze match.
- 8–14 April — With one gold medal, three silver medals and 2 bronze medals, Denmark finishes as the second best nation at the 9th European Badminton Championships in Preston, England.
- April — Kim Andersen wins La Flèche Wallonne.
- 13 April – Anders Lindegaard, footballer
- 1 May – Mikkel Følsgaard, actor
- 2 December – Anna David, singer
- 12 December - Daniel Agger, football player
- 16 April – Simon Spies, businessman and billionaire (dorn 1921)
- 21 May – Carl Petersen, politician (born 1894)
- 22 December - Vilhelm Lauritzen, architect (born 1894)