1984 in archaeology
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Table of years in archaeology|
|Related time period or subjects|
|Art Archaeology Architecture Literature Music Science more
In Template:Year nav topic: extra parameters: science
- Hengistbury Head, by Barry Cunliffe, is completed (begun in 1979).
- July - Uluburun shipwreck, by the Institute of Nautical Archaeology under George Bass, begun (continues until 1994).
- Bradley, Richard. The Social Foundations of Prehistoric Britain: themes and variations in the archaeology of power. London: Longman. ISBN 0-582-49163-0.
- Harding, A. F. The Mycenaeans and Europe. London: Academic Press. ISBN 0-12-324760-8.
- Kelso, William M. Kingsmill Plantation, 1619-1800: archaeology of country life in colonial Virginia. Orlando: Academic Press. ISBN 0-12-403480-2.
- Pilcher, J. R., et al. "A 7,272-year tree-ring chronology for western Europe". Nature 312 (5990): 150–152. doi:10.1038/312150a0.
- August 1 - Lindow Man is found in Lindow Moss in north west England by peat cutters.
- Turkana Boy is found in Kenya by team led by Richard Leakey.
- Wreck of CSS Alabama is found off Cherbourg by the French Navy.
|This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (July 2010)|
- April 5: Giuseppe Tucci