1985–86 UCLA Bruins men's basketball team
|1985–86 UCLA Bruins men's basketball|
|1985–86 record||15–14 (9–9, 4th Pac-10)|
|Head coach||Walt Hazzard|
|Assistant coach||Sidney Wicks|
|Assistant coach||Jack Hirsch|
|Assistant coach||Andre McCarter|
|Home arena||Pauley Pavilion|
|1985–86 Pacific-10 Conference men's basketball standings|
|† 1986 Pacific-10 Tournament winner
As of March 25, 1986; Rankings from AP Poll
The 1985–86 UCLA Bruins men's basketball team represented the University of California, Los Angeles in the 1985–86 NCAA Division I men's basketball season. The team was led by freshman point guard Pooh Richardson and finished in 4th place in the conference with a 15–14 record. The Bruins played for the second time ever in the NIT but lost the game to the UC Irvine Anteaters in the first round.
Schedule and results
- November 24, 1985 – UCLA lost to North Carolina 107–70 in Chapel Hill.
- December 21, 1985 – UCLA defeated Miami (Florida) 109–64 in Pauley Pavilion
- March 13, 1986 – In the first round game of the NIT, the Bruins were defeated 80–74 by UC Irvine. Reggie Miller scored 16 points.
- The Bruins were 4th in the Pacific-10.
- "2011-12 Men's Basketball Media Guide". Pacific-12 Conference. p. 67. Retrieved March 28, 2013.
- 2009–10 UCLA Basketball Media Guide, UCLA Athletic Department, 2009