The Junior men's race at the 1985 IAAF World Cross Country Championships was held in Lisbon, Portugal, at the Sports Complex of Jamor on March 24, 1985. A report on the event was given in the Glasgow Herald.
Complete results, medallists,  and the results of British athletes were published.
Junior men's race (8.19 km)
- Note: Athletes in parentheses did not score for the team result
An unofficial count yields the participation of 141 athletes from 35 countries in the Junior men's race, two athletes less than the official number published.
- ^ Gillon, Doug (March 25, 1985), World title for Budd, but Muir puts his foot in it - Zola Budd won the world women's cross-country title over a three-mile course in Lisbon yesterday..., Glasgow Herald, p. 20, retrieved October 22, 2013
- ^ Magnusson, Tomas (April 14, 2007), IAAF World Cross Country Championships - 7.9km CC Men - Lissabon Sport Complex Jamor Date: Sunday, March 24, 1985, Athchamps (archived), retrieved October 22, 2013
- ^ IAAF WORLD CROSS COUNTRY CHAMPIONSHIPS, Athletics Weekly, retrieved October 9, 2013
- ^ a b 36th IAAF WORLD CROSS COUNTRY CHAMPIONSHIPS - EDINBURGH 2008 - FACTS & FIGURES - GREAT BRITAIN & NORTHERN IRELAND AT THE INTERNATIONAL CROSS COUNTRY & WORLD CROSS COUNTRY CHAMPIONSHIPS, IAAF, p. 2ff, retrieved October 9, 2013