1985 Montreal Expos season
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|1985 Montreal Expos|
|Major League affiliations|
|Local television||CBC Television
(Dave Van Horne, Duke Snider, Ken Singleton)
Télévision de Radio-Canada
(Claude Raymond, Raymond Lebrun)
|Local radio||CFCF (English)
(Dave Van Horne, Duke Snider, Tommy Hutton, Ron Reusch)
(Jacques Doucet, Rodger Brulotte)
|< Previous season Next season >|
- 1 Offseason
- 2 Regular season
- 3 Player stats
- 4 Award winners
- 5 Farm system
- 6 References
- November 7, 1984: Chris Welsh was traded by the Expos to the Texas Rangers for Dave Hostetler.
- November 14, 1984: Larry Walker was signed by the Expos as an amateur free agent.
- December 4, 1984: Jack Daugherty was purchased by the Expos from the Helena Gold Sox.
- December 7, 1984: Bob James was traded by the Expos to the Chicago White Sox for Vance Law.
- December 7, 1984: Bryan Little was traded by the Expos to the Chicago White Sox for Bert Roberge.
- December 10, 1984 Gary Carter was traded by the Expos to the New York Mets for Hubie Brooks, Mike Fitzgerald, Herm Winningham and Floyd Youmans.
- January 9, 1985: Mike Stenhouse was traded by the Expos to the Minnesota Twins for Jack O'Connor.
- March 28, 1985: Bobby Ramos was released by the Expos.
Opening Day starters
|St. Louis Cardinals||101||61||.623||--|
|New York Mets||98||64||.605||3|
- May 12, 1985: Dave Hostetler was purchased from the Expos by the Chicago Cubs.
- June 3, 1985: Randy Johnson was drafted by the Expos in the 2nd round of the 1985 Major League Baseball Draft. Johnson signed June 9, 1985.
- June 22, 1985: The Expos traded a player to be named later to the Toronto Blue Jays for Mitch Webster. The Expos completed the deal by sending Cliff Young to the Blue Jays on September 10.
- August 12, 1985: Doug Frobel was purchased by the Montreal Expos from the Pittsburgh Pirates.
Major League debuts
- Andrés Galarraga (Aug 23)
- Al Newman (June 14)
- Tim Burke (Apr 8)
- John Dopson (Sep 4)
- Floyd Youmans (Jul 1) 
|1985 Montreal Expos|
Starters by position
Note: Pos = Position; G = Games played; AB = At Bats; H = Hits; Avg. = Batting Average; HR = Home Runs; RBI = Runs Batted In
- Andre Dawson, National League Gold Glove
See also: Minor League Baseball
- Dave Hostetler page at Baseball Reference
- Larry Walker page at Baseball Reference
- Jack Daugherty page at Baseball Reference
- Vance Law page at Baseball Reference
- Bert Roberge page at Baseball Reference
- Gary Carter page at Baseball Reference
- Jack O'Connor page at Baseball Reference
- Bobby Ramos page at Baseball Reference
- Box Score of Game played on Tuesday, April 30, 1985 at Veteran's Stadium
- Randy Johnson page at Baseball Reference
- Cliff Young page at Baseball Reference
- 1985 Montreal Expos team page at Baseball Reference
- 1985 Montreal Expos team page at www.baseball-almanac.com
- Johnson, Lloyd; Wolff, Miles, eds. (1997). The Encyclopedia of Minor League Baseball (2nd ed.). Durham, N.C.: Baseball America. ISBN 978-0-9637189-8-3.