1985 NCAA Division I Men's Ice Hockey Tournament
|1985 NCAA Division I Men's
Ice Hockey Tournament
|Finals Site||Joe Louis Arena
|Champions||Rensselaer (2nd title, 2nd title game,
5th Frozen Four)
|Runner-Up||Providence (1st title game,
3rd Frozen Four)
|Semifinalists||Minnesota-Duluth (2nd Frozen Four)
Boston College (12th Frozen Four)
|Winning Coach||Mike Addesa (1st title)|
|MOP||Chris Terreri (Providence)|
|NCAA Division I Men's Ice Hockey Tournaments
The 1985 NCAA Men's Division I Ice Hockey Tournament was the culmination of the 1984–85 season in men's ice hockey for teams in Division I of the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA). The Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute Engineers defeated the Providence Friars in the championship game, held in Detroit, Michigan on March 30.
The quarter-finals were two-game total-goals series. The semi-finals and finals were single elimination games.
|Lake Superior State||3||3||6|
|Providence||4 OT3||Third place|
|Boston College||5||4||9||Minnesota Duluth||7 OT|
- Chris Terreri, Providence Friars
- Tim Friday, RPI Engineers
- Ken Hammond, RPI Engineers
- Adam Oates, RPI Engineers
- George Servinis, RPI Engineers
- Bill Watson, Minnesota Duluth Bulldogs
- Official 2008 NCAA Men's and Women's Ice Hockey Records Book (PDF). Indianapolis: National Collegiate Athletic Association. pp. 54, 58. ISSN 1089-0092. Retrieved 2008-05-23.
- "1985 NCAA Tournament". Inside College Hockey. Archived from the original on 23 May 2008. Retrieved 2008-05-23.