1985 Toronto International Film Festival
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|1985 Toronto International Film Festival|
|Opening film||My American Cousin|
|Location||Toronto, Ontario, Canada|
|Hosted by||Toronto International Film Festival Group|
|Number of films||460 feature films|
|Festival date||September 5, 1985–September 14, 1985|
The 10th Toronto International Film Festival (TIFF) took place in Toronto, Ontario, Canada between September 5 and September 14, 1985. The festival featured 460 feature films, the highest number of films in festival.
|People's Choice Award||The Official Story||Luis Puenzo|
|Best Canadian Feature Film||Canada's Sweetheart: The Saga of Hal C. Banks||Donald Brittain|
|International Critics' Award||My American Cousin||Sandy Wilson|
- When Father Was Away on Business by Emir Kusturica
- My Beautiful Laundrette by Stephen Frears
- The Official Story by Luis Puenzo
- Desert Hearts by Donna Deitch
- The Funeral by Juzo Itami
- Singleton's Pluck by Richard Eyre
- Lieber Karl by Maria Knilli
- Chain Letters by Mark Rappaport
- Seduction: The Cruel Woman by Elfi Mikesch and Monika Treut
- Colonel Redl by István Szabó
- Gebroken spiegels by Marleen Gorris
- A Strange Love Affair by Eric de Kuyper & Paul Verstaten
- Oriana by Fina Torres
- Death of a Salesman by Volker Schlöndorff
- "The TIFF 35th Anniversary Facts and Figures". Retrieved October 18, 2013.
- "Taking a look back at TIFF". Retrieved October 18, 2013.
- "TIFF Awards". tiff.net, October 16, 2013.
- "TIFF People's Choice prize heralds film industry kudos". CBC News. Retrieved October 16, 2013.